[size=36]A new American action in Iraq and Syria on the crisis of Washington and Tehran[/size]
A British general has rejected a US accusation that Iran poses a threat to coalition forces in the Middle East.
British Brigadier General Chris Jake, the second in the military hierarchy of the coalition command coalition, denied that Iran posed a threat to his forces in the Middle East. "There is no evidence of that," he told reporters at the Pentagon.
Independent correspondent Andrew Bancombe says the comments are in violation of Washington's announcement to Iran earlier this week that led to an escalation between the two countries, a year after Washington withdrew from the nuclear deal.
Bancombe says the US media has focused on accusing Iran of responsibility for the attack on four merchant ships in the Gulf a few days ago, but Tehran responded by dismissing it, accusing Washington of seeking to push it into a war it did not want to fight.
Bancombe explains that Trump's opponents have campaigned against him and accused him of bluffing facts and even fabricating events like George W. Bush did with Iraq before its invasion when he accused Baghdad of possessing weapons of mass destruction to justify the invasion before it turned out to be lies.
The newspaper said that Pentagon officials assured her that they are waiting for clarification from the British brigade on his comments likely that the question may be confused, adding that the US Central Command decided hours after the statements not to take them and increase the threat index of coalition forces in Syria and Iraq.
The US military said there were imminent imminent threats against US forces in Iraq, which are now on high alert, stressing fears of Iranian-backed forces in the region.
"The US mission is on high alert now and we continue to closely monitor any imminent or imminent threats to US forces in Iraq," said Captain Bill Urban, a spokesman for the US military's Central Command, during a briefing to a British general earlier in the day.
Earlier on Tuesday, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo confirmed Iranian threats but said the United States did not want a war with Iran, saying the response would be commensurate with any Iranian attacks.
The US statement comes amid an unprecedented Iranian escalation after a US official said an initial assessment of four ships sabotaging the UAE's economic waters off the coast of Fujairah on Sunday suggested Iran might have been involved in the attack on tankers.