Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Boston Bruins

jedi17
    jedi17

Boston Bruins  Empty Boston Bruins

Post by jedi17 Wed 01 Feb 2017, 7:54 pm

Are you buying in? 
    February 1, 2017, 3:23 PM ET [27 Comments]
    Ty Anderson
     Boston Bruins  Bos Boston Bruins Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Be sure to 'like' Hockeybuzz on Facebook!

The Boston Bruins have three wins in a row, and will go for a season-high fourth in a row when they skate against the Washington Capitals tonight at the Verizon Center. 

So, are you buying in? That’s a loaded question, I know. 

Naturally (and somewhat expectedly), it’s so tough to fall for this team yet again and unequivocally buy in, especially when you remember that the Bruins are 0-2-1 when trying to make a three-game winning streak a four-game winning streak this season. It doesn’t get any easier when you see the competition that’s in front of them tonight against the Caps. Philipp Grubauer starting last night’s game guaranteed that the Bruins would see their Boogeyman, Braden Holtby, who has 10 wins and a .948 save percentage in 11 career starts against the Bruins, tonight. 

Beating the Caps has become a mission impossible of sorts for the Bruins in recent years, it seems. I mean just take a look at their last meeting: the Bruins overcame an 0-3 deficit on Dec. 7, but still took a loss, that one in overtime.

Matchup history says the Black and Gold lose this game, but the edge they’re playing with at this very moment makes this one a toss-up of sorts. And the latter has become the team’s great equalizer. 

Forgive me for being blunt, but these Bruins are what they are. They are going to be a streaky team that drives you mad for stretches, and one that meets your expectations for stretches. I really don’t think that they’re any better or any worse than advertised; Their shooting percentages should be a higher, yeah, but their shooters aren’t exactly the sniper types. Their defensive game is still for the most part, in development, so their good nights and bad nights should just about draw even after 82. 

But if their best players continue to show up, which is what they’ve done over this three-game streak. 

Patrice Bergeron has tallied two goals and four points in his last three games, while linemate Brad Marchand has recorded four goals and six points over that span. Captain Zdeno Chara scored the game-winning goal last night, and has been a shutdown force throughout this winning streak. David Krejci has one goal, three points and six shots in the last three games. And David Backes, though without a point, has chimed in as a vocal, physical presence, with eight shots on goal and 17 hits. 

It’s come at the perfect time for the Bruins, too. 

Wins against the Red Wings (last Tuesday) and Lightning last night were quality wins in the sense that they were against two teams that are not only chasing the B’s, but also teams that should not beat the Bruins if the Black and Gold are seriously, actual playoff contenders. And the win sandwiched in the middle there, a comeback win over Sidney Crosby and the Penguins, showed some serious character from the B’s, and applied some of the lessons learned from their last head-to-head.

In a year of inconsistencies -- the Bruins have often been carried by one line, one defensive pairing, or one goaltender throughout their bits and spurts of success this season -- the Bruins have found actual synergy from their top six and top defensive pairing at the same time. 

That should be enough to make you buy in -- at least ‘til the next soul-crushing losing streak comes.

Current date/time is Thu 09 May 2024, 4:52 pm