Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Dallas Stars

jedi17
    jedi17

Dallas Stars  Empty Dallas Stars

Post by jedi17 Thu 02 Feb 2017, 7:45 pm

Stars Gameday: 2/2/17 vs. WPG
    February 2, 2017, 10:14 AM ET [1 Comments]
    Bill Meltzer
    Dallas Stars  Dal Dallas Stars Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Lindy Ruff's Dallas Stars (21-20-10) pulled above the .500 mark in the first game after the NHL All-Star break and will look to build momentum on Thursday night when they play host to Paul Maurice's Winnipeg Jets (24-25-4). Game time at the American Airlines Center is 7:30 p.m. CT.

Dallas enters this game coming off a 6-3 home win against the Toronto Maple Leafs. A five-goal explosion in the first period carried the Stars the rest of the way. Devin Shore (8th goal of the season), Radek Faksa (7th), Lauri Korpikoski (7th), Brett Ritchie (10th), team captain Jamie Benn (14th) and Jason Spezza (8th) scored for Dallas. Kari Lehtonen had to work for the win, however, as he was peppered with 43 shots (Dallas was outshot 29-8 over the final 40 minutes) and turned back 40.

On the injury front, Faksa returned to the lineup after missing several games prior to the break but the Stars remain without efensemen Johnny Oduya (lower body) and Jamie Oleksiak (hand) as well as forwards Mattias Janmark (preseason knee surgery) and Ales Hemsky (hip surgery).

Winnipeg, playing the second match of a three-game road trip, will look to build a three-game winning streak. The Jets are coming off a 5-3 win over the St. Louis Blues on Tuesday, in what proved to be former Stars coach Ken Hitchcock's swan song behind the Blues' bench. Offensively, Mark Scheifele and Blake Wheeler led the way with a goal and an assist apiece. Scheifele moved into a tie for fifth on the NHL scoring leader board with 51 points (23 goals, 28 assists) in his 50 games played to date. Rookie sensation Patrik Laine also scored in the St. Louis game and brings a seven-game point streak (11 points in that span, including four goals) to Dallas.

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 12:06 pm