Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Washington Capitals

jedi17
    jedi17

Washington Capitals  Empty Washington Capitals

Post by jedi17 Sun 05 Feb 2017, 3:59 pm

PLUS/MINUS: Phil Kessel Is Underrated Version 
    February 5, 2017, 1:08 PM ET [45 Comments]
    James Tanner
    Washington Capitals  Was Washington Capitals Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    People still use Plus/Minus, but they don't use Telegraphs, VCRs or Rotary Dial Telephones 

PLUS: The Leafs/Bruins game - 6-5 final score. Easily the most entertaining game I've watched all year.  

MINUS: The annoyingly unintelligent Leafs Media trying to constantly trade William Nylander. PLUS to his awesome hattrick last night. 

PLUS: Braden Holtby vs Carey Price. With apologies to Dubnyk and Budaj (?) there just isn't a better matchup in the NHL.  

MINUS: Thinking about where the Coyotes would be if not for Mike Smith. 

PLUS: If the deal really is off for the Coytoes to build another arena in the Phoenix area. I want the team to succeed, but building another arena in an area that already has six or seven major league facilities, and which already has one of the best arenas in the NHL is a tribute to greed and waste and stupidity that I just can't get behind. 

When every person in America can eat, every day, then you can build another 100 million dollar tribute to tax payer stupidity.  

PLUS: The sport of hockey is pretty fun, but even I used to occasionally wonder if I wasn't a little toointo it for a 30+ year old - like when was I going to get into sipping scotch and chatting about the stock market, you know?  

But yesterday I went skating with my kids in the backyard rink we made, then we shot some balls in the garage, watched Rock-'Em-Sock-'Em 10 (Joe Thornton was a Rookie) and finally the Leafs game. My son is obsessed with hockey and - while I'm aware how corny this sounds - it's really rejuvenated my love for the game. 

MINUS: Watching Donald Trump turn out to be 100x worse than even his biggest critics could have imagined. Or maybe that should be a PLUS due to how hilarious it's been. I don't know whether to be satisfied in being right, entertained by the sheer idiocy or horrified for the future of the world.  

It will interesting to see if Guinness gives him an award for setting the record of most international embarrassments in a single week.  

PLUS: The Atlanta Falcons. Crush those "so called" Patriots.  

PLUS: Phil Kessel. He has to be the most underrated superstar in NHL history. 

MINUS: Frank Corrado cleared waivers - so the Leafs were ruining his career for no reason. 

PLUS: As I write this, the Capitals just scored. They lead the Kings 1-0 

PLUS: At first I was against the NHL weirdly making a new rule about goalie equipment come into play in the middle of the season, and then I realized that I don't care. 

Goalies have been cheating for year, they've made the NHL way too low scoring and I think they deserve some comeupance. 

PLUS: Mikael Granlund scoring his first career hat-trick last night. He's a great player, really underrated. The Wild are exciting by virtue of their not being LA San Jose or Chicago. 

MINUS: Once again, a screw-you to Jake Allen, the ruiner of hockey pools. 

MINUS: The Olympics. They're going to be in China. They already have a World Cup - I really do wish everyone would just shut up and cancel them already.  

PLUS: I got my first cold/flu since I quit smoking. I have to say, while it sucks to be sick, not going outside in -20 weather to have a smoke when you already can't breath or swallow is the best thing ever. 

It's bizarre - from my new perspective - to think that I actually used to do that.  

PLUS: To all protesters, everywhere, always.  

MINUS: Jeffrey Lord. Why is this melting loser always on my T.V?  

PLUS: Neil Young. Never gets old.  After the Goldrush. Harvest. Zuma. Tonight's the Night. On the Beach. Quite possibly the greatest five-album run anyone has ever gone on. 

MINUS: I think we've gone over the edge of partisanism when being against dumping coal mining waste in rivers and selling guns to the mentally ill are "LIBERAL" positions, and not just the common sense thoughts of a normal person who isn't evil.  

Current date/time is Thu 09 May 2024, 10:06 am