Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

New York Rangers

jedi17
    jedi17

New York Rangers Empty New York Rangers

Post by jedi17 Tue 21 Feb 2017, 9:19 pm

Game 59: NYR- MTL, Rangers look to continue hot streak against Canadiens
    February 21, 2017, 7:50 AM ET [467 Comments]
    Jan Levine
    New York Rangers Nyr New York Rangers Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    The Rangers continue their heavy stretch of games Tuesday at home against the Canadiens. New York defeated Washington on Sunday, and after facing Montreal today, take on Toronto on Thursday followed by a road game in New Jersey on Saturday and home contest against Columbus on Sunday. March will be a heavy month, with several back-to-back contests during those 31 days. The Canadiens, who just replaced Michel Therrien with Claude Julien, lost in Julien's debut last week and are 2-7-1 in their last 10. 

Derek Stepan missed Monday's practice with a hip injury suffered Sunday. He is probably to play today. But if he can't go, J.T. Miller moves up to center the second line, Jesper Fast moves from fourth to third line and Brandon Pirri gets back into the lineup. Personally, I would move Buch up to the third line instead of Fast, which would help that line remain dangerous offensively and keep the fourth line relatively intact. The probable lines are:

Kreider-Zib-Zucc
    Vesey-Miller-Nash
    Grabner-Hayes-Fast
    Pirri-Lindberg-Buch

Yesterday, Arizona traded Michael Stone to Calgary for a third rounder in 2017 and conditional fifth rounder in 2018 of Stone, a UFA, re-signs in Calgary while Arizona retained 50% of his salary. You all knew that Stone was one of the d-men that I wants New York to acquire. I know his play has regressed since his breakthrough campaign last year and his advanced metrics show that the Coyotes and his pair mates were better when he wasn't on the ice. While that is unquestionably true, I also think that he struggled coming back from his knee injury along with playing for a poor team and would benefit/thrive with a change of scenery. We shall see if I am correct. It's interesting that a team likely best known for its blueline - Dougie Hamilton, T.J. Brodie and Marc Giordano along with Dennis Wideman - acquired another defensemen, which could pave the way for Wideman to be moved.

That trade has become a referendum for some that New York should move Nick Holden or Kevin Klein. Then if either is moved, just call up Ryan Graves and plug him in the lineup. I get moving Holden, who has regressed after his brilliant start, or Klein, who has been better lately, mainly due to the expansion draft and possible loss of Holden coupled with desire to get better on the blue line. But unless you are getting markedly better bringing in another d-man, just getting rid of them because you think the return Stone brought means someone else will pay that cost and you could use that acquired asset in picks to spin or flip elsewhere sounds great in theory not in practice. It's possible not probably. Plus what if you move one of them and no one else is brought in. Not everyone can be be Brady Skjei and just seem less come up during an end season playoff run or in the postseason and seamlessly fit in. To ask Graves to do that is probably requesting too much.

Skjei showed signs of what he could be last year. This season, despite some usual an expected growing pains, he probably has been better than anticipated. Skjei is probably the most naturally talented offensive d-man in the roster. His speed and puck-moving ability has been on display the last several games, especially against the Islanders and Capitals. Skjei's 25 assists are second to Ryan McDonagh's 30' amongst defensemen. But what's even more impressive is that 21 of those assists have come at even strength, good for fourth in the league. The upside and ELC Skjei is playing under are two big reasons why all the talk at times on this blog to move Skjei should be eradicated completely and not mentioned again. Especially as he is just scratching the surface of how good he can be.

Nine days until the trading deadline. Settle in. It likely will once again be a wild ride.

Current date/time is Mon 18 Mar 2024, 11:05 pm