Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Shops Qaraqosh liquor resumes trading after months of editing

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Shops Qaraqosh liquor resumes trading after months of editing Empty Shops Qaraqosh liquor resumes trading after months of editing

Post by Rocky Sun 16 Apr 2017, 2:10 am

Shops Qaraqosh liquor resumes trading after months of editing

 Qaraqosh / Reuters

After the expulsion of the organization Daesh Iraqi Christians began to slowly return to their town ruined Qaraqosh dominated their concern for their security , but at the same time they hope to live amiably with Muslims from different sects.
    The case shows the town, located about 20 kilometers away from the battlefield with the organization Daesh in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul, the cause mixed feelings about the future of the Christian harbors of their community in the region long ago.
    In the churches of Qaraqosh that has been vandalized Christians engaged in the removal of graffiti on the walls by militants during the organization of their control over the town over two and a half other slogans placed Shiite fighters in the ranks of Iraqi forces fighting Daesh in the streets of war in Mosul.
    But shopkeeper close to enjoy a commercial recovery as selling Dutch beer and drink sweat, as well as several other types of wines.
    She returned about ten Christian families to the town, which was the largest gathering of Christians in Iraq before the takeover Daesh in 2014, encouraged by the proliferation of security checkpoints and patrols carried out by the guard force of volunteers.
    Iraqi forces and expelled from the organization Qaraqosh in October as part of an offensive that began about six months , aims to restore Mosul before. But residents fear that the Shiite slogans show a new kind of sectarian division.
    For one of the walls of the church burned organization Daesh wrote the slogan "Ya Hussein," said George Joseph , who works in one of the churches , "We are afraid of this .. we fear tensions."
    He added Yusuf , who returned after he fled to Arbil , which lies about 60 km "We want to live in peace and we ask to provide security." Also raise the banner of soldiers of Imam Ali, the city and the military of their vehicles. Fluttering banners the two other of the Shiites also Qaraqosh.
    Said Matthew, a photographer still lives in Erbil , with his family , "Sure , in the fear of those slogans." "We want international protection."
    Trying to families that have returned to Qaraqosh, where he was staying in the past 50 thousand people, broadcast in the spirit of Christian life dating back to about two thousand years. However , the majority of them stay for two or three days only to renovate their homes burnt.
    Another Christian works within a force of volunteers in Qaraqosh but left his family in Arbil "want to go back but there is no water or electricity."
    Supermarkets and restaurants are still closed in Qaraqosh where the windows crashed and scattered on the ground burning furniture.
    The liquor store owned by Steve Abraham in the city center and one of the few businesses that opened their doors again. In the absence of coffee shop it has become a rallying point for residents.
    Said Ibrahim , who re - opened the store since shortly with his father " a good work so far. All come here to buy stocks."
    Abraham and his father had lost all belongings when they destroyed their trade Daesh. And about $ now spent tens 400 to renovate the store , which flows by customers now from outside the town and from different denominations.
    Abraham said , "I sell the drink for Christians and Muslims alike. Many of Mosul and other towns comes."
    As he spoke , a Sunni Muslim from the east of Mosul , his car came to buy a bottle of whiskey and four bottles of beer and put it in a black plastic bag to hide them from the eyes.
    He said the man who identified himself as) Mohammed (and was shaking hands with Christians drinking beer , "no one was estimated to drink while there Daesh. I am happy because this store open again." But he added : "I still drink only in the house."
    Later Shia came from a village south of Mosul to buy liquor. he said after he asked not to be named , " I come here twice a week. this is the only store in the region." he began his car away.
    Abraham comes himself from Erbil every day and brings with him in his car goods and fuel for the generator to run chillers filled Paljah chilled. then come back at night.
    the potential for the return of more Christian N to stay permanently in Qaraqosh for their confidence in the security forces.
    It seeks the army and police to dispel fears through the deployment of soldiers in front of churches and even helped volunteers Christians erected a huge cross at the entrance to the city.
    In one of the past doubled convoy soldiers accompanied in preparing for the celebration of Easter holiday frame and distributed seats on worshipers during Mass. ,
    and joined by some police officers to civilians Christian crowds chanting hymns.
    but anxiety is still grips with others around them as they find rows of houses and shops burnt. The photographer said when "security measures are not enough. We want to take the city 's security."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 6:12 am