Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

IS area ruler dies of injuries following Diyala attack

jedi17
    jedi17

IS area ruler dies of injuries following Diyala attack Empty IS area ruler dies of injuries following Diyala attack

Post by jedi17 Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:24 pm

IS area ruler dies of injuries following Diyala attack

by Mohamed Mostafa
    Jun 14, 2017, 11:59 am
    SHARES
    Tweet
    Reddit

IS militant’s dead body.
    Report Ad

Diyala (IraqiNews.com) A senior Islamic State area commander died of injuries sustained after an attack on army forces in Diyala, a local source said on Wednesday.

Alsumaria News quoted the source saying that “unconfirmed reports tel that the so-called ‘emir’ of Islamic State in Saadiya Basin died of injuries sustained during his participation in the attack on an army checkpoint near Rabia village near Saadiya (60 Km east of Baqubah).”

Islamic State, almost losing its main holdout in Mosul to a security operation running since October, has been escalating attacks at other provinces where it still has a presence.

Government and tribal forces have launched occasional operations over the past few months to clear border regions between Diyala and Salahuddin, killing dozens of militants. IS fighters have also responded with occasional attacks targeting troops, leaving several deaths.

Officials from towns still held by IS since 2014 have pressed the Iraqi government to hasten with security operations to retake those regions, but the Iraqi government is giving most attention to its battle in Mosul, Islamic State’s largest stronghold in Iraq.

Violence and armed conflicts left 824 Iraqis dead and wounded during the month of May, according to a monthly count by the United Nations Assistance Mission in Iraq which excludes security members deaths.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:52 am