Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iraqi parliament recognizes IS persecution of Turkmen as genocide

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Iraqi parliament recognizes IS persecution of Turkmen as genocide Empty Iraqi parliament recognizes IS persecution of Turkmen as genocide

Post by Rocky Fri 21 Jul 2017, 2:33 am

Iraqi parliament recognizes IS persecution of Turkmen as genocide

Posted on July 21, 2017

BAGHDAD,— The Iraqi parliament has voted to recognize Islamic State group (IS) persecution of Iraqi Turkmens as genocide.

The bill passed by the Iraqi parliament on Thursday recognizes the killing of Turkmen prisoners in Tel Afar, west of Mosul, and a 2016 chemical weapon attack on Taza Khurmatu, south of Kirkuk, as genocide.

The recognition comes amidst calls on the Iraqi government to turn its focus to ISIS in Tal Afar as military operations in Mosul wrap up.

Niyazi Mimar Oglu, a Turkmen MP, introduced the bill.

There were unconfirmed reports earlier this month that IS militants killed as many as 200 Turkmens in Tel Afar, some believed to be children.

A prominent Yazidi MP, Vian Dakhil, criticized the bill by the Iraqi parliament in a series of tweets in both Arabic and English.

She called the bill “unprecedented.” Claiming that “all the IS leaders are from Tel Afar,” she said the bill “equalized the victims to the criminals.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Thu 09 May 2024, 7:49 pm