Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Burma: About 60,000 Rohingyas flee to Bangladesh

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Burma: About 60,000 Rohingyas flee to Bangladesh Empty Burma: About 60,000 Rohingyas flee to Bangladesh

Post by Rocky Mon 04 Sep 2017, 2:31 am

Burma: About 60,000 Rohingyas flee to Bangladesh

03/09/2017

Some 60,000 people have fled to Bangladesh to escape the fighting in northwest Burma, where the Burmese army has launched a massive operation against insurgents in the remote region.

"The number of people who have fled to neighboring Bangladesh since August 25 has reached 58,600 people, according to various humanitarian agencies, and will continue to increase," UN spokeswoman Viviane Tan was quoted by international media as saying.

The United Nations spoke yesterday about the arrival of 38 thousand refugees to Bangladesh in a week, in which the fighting killed more than 400 people.

At this time, tens of thousands are still stranded on the border with Bangladesh's declaration that it can not receive more refugees.

The humanitarian situation remains dire for those who remained in Burma as WFP suspended the distribution of humanitarian aid due to the fighting.

"All humanitarian assistance operations in Rakhine State since the start of the attacks have been suspended, affecting 250,000 displaced people and other people," said Pierre Peron, spokesman for the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs.

The fighting broke out after gunmen from the Rohingyas attacked about 30 police stations on August 25 under the slogan "defending their rights" and on the effect the Burmese army began a large-scale operation in the area.

http://aletejahtv.org/permalink/179752.html

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 4:01 am