Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

+2
Lionheart
chouchou
6 posters

From Washington, Maliki pleads for ‘third world war’ against Qaeda

chouchou
    chouchou

From Washington, Maliki pleads for ‘third world war’ against Qaeda  Empty From Washington, Maliki pleads for ‘third world war’ against Qaeda

Post by chouchou Fri 01 Nov 2013, 4:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

WASHINGTON - Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki Thursday pleaded for a major international effort to combat Al-Qaeda and terror networks, likening the fight to a third world war.

In Washington for a series of meetings hoping to drum up more support for Iraq, Maliki said that with US help his country had defeated Al-Qaeda.

But now with the vacuum created by the toppling of long-standing regimes during the Arab Spring, "the terrorists found a second chance."

His visit to the US comes as Iraq witnesses its worst violence since 2008, a surge in bloodshed that has killed more than 5,400 people this year despite several operations and tightened security measures.

"We want an international war against terrorism," Maliki said in a speech to the United States Institute of Peace, calling Al-Qaeda and its ilk "a virus" which was trying to spread "a dirty wind" around the region.

"If we have had two world wars, we want a third world war against those who are killing people, killing populations, who are calling for bloodshed, for ignorance and do not want logic to govern our daily lives."

Maliki also called for the convening of an international conference on counterterrorism to be hosted in Iraq.

His government has been criticized for not doing more to address grievances in the Sunni Arab community over alleged ill-treatment at the hands of the Shiite-led authorities.

But the Iraqi leader, who has served two terms already, denied his country was plagued by sectarian unrest, pitting Sunni and Shiite Muslims as well as Kurds against each other, saying "all are targeted."

He blamed the unrest for setting back Iraq's struggles to emerge from the dictatorship of Saddam Hussein and the bloodshed of the US invasion to rebuild its institutions, schools and homes.

Maliki will meet US President Barack Obama on Friday at the White House to press for military equipment and greater cooperation in fighting militants.

The United States vowed Wednesday to help Iraq combat terror groups, but said Baghdad needed a strategy which was not just based on increasing its military arsenal.

"What we don't want the Iraqis to do is to take just a security-centric approach to this. This is an asymmetrical threat and it has to be approached asymmetrically," a senior US official told reporters, after Maliki met for two-hours with Vice President Joe Biden.

"What that means is making sure they have information in terms of where people are located, where it's coming from, where the funding is coming from, and that's something that we can do pretty effectively."

"Without terrorism we would have leaped forward in providing services for our people," Maliki insisted.

"All our efforts should aim at preventing the success of Al-Qaeda and other terror organizations," the Iraqi premier said, adding that while Baghdad was neutral in the conflict in Syria it was concerned militant groups might win control and gain a platform to wreak havoc across the region.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Lionheart
    Lionheart
    Cain't Let Go Investor
    Cain't Let Go Investor

From Washington, Maliki pleads for ‘third world war’ against Qaeda  Empty Re: From Washington, Maliki pleads for ‘third world war’ against Qaeda

Post by Lionheart Fri 01 Nov 2013, 5:39 am

there is written in the bible , in the end time prophecys of a war that will kill one third of man kind. What the trigger will be is yet to know. WW III ?? I will post a link if anyone is interested to know.
    Bama Diva
    Bama Diva

From Washington, Maliki pleads for ‘third world war’ against Qaeda  Empty Re: From Washington, Maliki pleads for ‘third world war’ against Qaeda

Post by Bama Diva Fri 01 Nov 2013, 9:07 am

Wonder if Maliki regrets his not allowing our military immunity so we could have kept a lid on the al Qaeda for him???
    CITEX
    CITEX
    Insane Investor
    Insane Investor

Post by CITEX Fri 01 Nov 2013, 9:18 am

And more humor for the morning....
    Can someone tell Maliki, he has the support of Washington with the whole Al Queida thing... maybe if he could Iran, Saudi Arabia, Libya, Syria, France.. oh this could go on for days... Get those folks to just dig for and get them out of thier own countries.. problem solved. GO VISIT THEM!!
    Bama Diva
    Bama Diva

Post by Bama Diva Fri 01 Nov 2013, 9:43 am

I just hope Washington has more sense than to heavily arm Maliki with no oversight from the US. I do not trust Maliki at all. jmo
    CITEX
    CITEX
    Insane Investor
    Insane Investor

Post by CITEX Fri 01 Nov 2013, 10:57 am

Bama Diva wrote:I just hope Washington has more sense than to heavily arm Maliki with no oversight from the US. I do not trust Maliki at all. jmo
    I dont trust any of them over there. In following this investment I have learned way to much about the morals and values of that region. All thier leaders lie, manipulate and mislead for thier own aganda's.. just read the papers, the quotes in the papers, the accusations, the denials, the retractions... on and on...
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Neno Fri 01 Nov 2013, 11:16 am

Wow Wow Wow, good replies as I am in agreement.
    kelnchp
    kelnchp
    Cain't Let Go Investor
    Cain't Let Go Investor

Post by kelnchp Fri 01 Nov 2013, 12:10 pm

CITEX wrote:I dont trust any of them over there. In following this investment I have learned way to much about the morals and values of that region. All thier leaders lie, manipulate and mislead for thier own aganda's.. just read the papers, the quotes in the papers, the accusations, the denials, the retractions... on and on...
    Agree but I find it ironic too...I love my country but I do not think our politicians are any better.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 11:17 pm