Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Trade sets local wheat purchase prices for the 2018 season

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Trade sets local wheat purchase prices for the 2018 season Empty Trade sets local wheat purchase prices for the 2018 season

Post by Rocky Wed 21 Mar 2018, 1:52 am

Trade sets local wheat purchase prices for the 2018 season

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Iraq's grain trading company said it would pay farmers between 420,000 and 560,000 Iraqi dinars ($ 354-472) for local wheat in the 2018 season, keeping prices unchanged from last year.
    The government-run company listed the local wheat crop at three degrees and set the price of wheat at a "first grade" of 560,000 dinars per tonne, while the price of second-class wheat was set at 480,000 Iraqi dinars per tonne.
    A local company statement said local wheat of the lowest quality will be priced at 420 thousand dinars per tonne.
    The company imports millions of tons of wheat and rice a year, where millions of Iraqis depend on a broad government subsidized food system run by the Ministry of Commerce.
    The new president of the General Grain Trade Company said he expected local wheat production to reach at least 2.5 million tonnes in the 2018 season, an improvement over previous estimates given the country's recent rains.
    Iraq needs an annual wheat supply of between 4.5 million and 5 million tonnes, indicating an import gap of around 2 million tonnes a year.
    A comprehensive plan to rehabilitate state silos has been prepared to accommodate the expected increase in domestic wheat harvest this year, including in Mosul, which is expected to produce a larger-than-expected wheat crop, officials at the General Grain Company said.
    A company official said the prices for the wheat crop for 2018 seemed reasonable and sufficient to encourage farmers to produce more high-quality wheat, which would reduce costly imports.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 2:32 pm