Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

A strike by traders in Tehran to protest the economic deterioration

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

A strike by traders in Tehran to protest the economic deterioration Empty A strike by traders in Tehran to protest the economic deterioration

Post by Rocky Tue 26 Jun 2018, 2:52 am

A strike by traders in Tehran to protest the economic deterioration

A strike by traders in Tehran to protest the economic deterioration 8606

Fars News Agency reported on Monday that traders at the Tehran bazaar closed their shops in protest against the country's economic situation.
    The strike comes at a time when the Iranian currency is falling significantly due to weak economic performance and financial difficulties in local banks, and heavy demand for the dollar among Iranians worried about Washington's withdrawal from the nuclear agreement and renewed US sanctions, which may reduce the country's exports of oil and others.
    The devaluation of the Iranian currency has sparked a wave of public anger over the rapidly rising prices of imported goods.
    Video clips in social media outlets also showed protests in the Iranian capital and traders shut down their shops.
    The Iranian currency weakened from 65,000 riyals, which was recorded ahead of US President Donald Trump's withdrawal from Iran's nuclear deal in early May, to 81.5 thousand riyals in its language on Monday.
    In an attempt to curb the fall of the riyal, the Iranian authorities announced in April that they would unify the exchange rate of the dollar in the official and black markets at 42 thousand riyals, with the prohibition of trading at any other price and punish those who violate the imprisonment.
    But the move has not eliminated the black market because the authorities offer much lower amounts of hard currency through official channels than demand, while dealers say that everything that confirms the emergence of a free market has become a secret in Iran.

Current date/time is Thu 09 May 2024, 3:25 pm