Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Kurdish Yazidi survivor of IS slavery testifies before US Senate

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Kurdish Yazidi survivor of IS slavery testifies before US Senate Empty Kurdish Yazidi survivor of IS slavery testifies before US Senate

Post by Rocky Wed 22 Jun 2016, 6:35 am

Kurdish Yazidi survivor of IS slavery testifies before US Senate
    Posted on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Kurdish Yazidi survivor of Islamic State slavery Nadia Murad Basee Taha testifies before US Senate, Washington. Photo: AFP

WASHINGTON,—  In passionate testimony, Yazidi activist and former Islamic State (IS) sex slave Nadia Murad Basee Taha urged the world to bring her former Islamic State captors to justice and to not avert their eyes from the crime of genocide. “Our crisis is your crisis,” she told United States lawmakers.
    “Terrorism is destroying the human heritage we have collectively built, not as one people, one nation, one color, one religion, but the civilization we’ve built together as humans of different cultures and faiths” said Nadia Murad to remind the world that IS is a common enemy for all, regardless of the ethnic, religious, and cultural differences.
    Murad testified on Tuesday before the Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee in Washington during a hearing to discuss Islamic State ideology and its relation to the recent mass shooting in Orlando, Florida and other so-called lone wolf attacks.

While calling on the world to do more to combat the threat of IS, Murad had harsh words for the Islamic world, which she said did not do much against the terrorist threat.
    “What happened to Yazidis is still continuing. I passed this message to Egypt and Kuwait because this is done under name of Islam. I have asked Sheikh of Azhar in Cairo to recognize IS as an infidel group within Islam, but he refused to do so. I do not say Islam is terror but IS use Islam, therefore the IS ideology should be stopped.”
    Murad also called on the Islamic community around the world to do more to denounce IS.
    “What has been happening has been happening under the name of Islam,” she said. “The Muslims must be the first ones to resist this … We have not seen that IS have been labeled as an infidel group within Islam by any Muslim country.”
    “And we have not seen any Arab or Muslim countries recognize IS as an infidel group.”
    Murad called on the Islamic world to prevent their youth from joining IS and she warned about the IS brainwashing program that could bring more disaster to the world in the future, something her own family knows too well.
    “More than 1,600 children were taken from Sinjar to be subjected to IS brainwashing and terrorist ideology, including my 13-year-old nephew who has now been brainwashed and tells his own mother that she is an infidel.”
    Murad bemoaned the ideology and fear that IS spreads, noting that many have failed to help the Yazidi minority. “When Yazidi women and girls escaping to many families in Iraq and Syria, seeking protection, they were rejected. They could have helped them but they did not and they seized [the Yazidi girls and women] and hand them back to the militants,” she said.
    Murad told the committee that the world should recognize the IS crimes against Yazidis as genocide. “Some are old enough to remember what happened in Germany and other places. The civilized world did not act until it was too late. The Yazidis are experiencing holocaust anew. We suffer a human brutality, murder, sex slavery, and forced displacement.”
    “What happened to Yazidis is genocide. True that IS committed many crimes in Iraq and Syria but what happened to us was different,” she said.
    And not just that, she asked that there should be more action to stop IS from committing further crimes. “I ask you to prevent those are delivering weapons and money to IS. And no one should buy their oil.”
    She reminded the Americans and international community that IS will reach many other places in the world if the world does not act to stop them.
    “I was heartbroken when I witnessed the crimes in Orlando, because for the same reason, for no reason, they were killed and abused as the way I was, and I was not surprised when they did that because IS will not stop and will deliver their crimes everywhere.”
    “The Yazidis and other minorities in Iraq and Syria cannot defend themselves; in countries such as you, Belgium and others, you cannot counter them so how we, as a minority, can face them?” she asked.
    “I ask the US, also, to work with allies and foes alike to establish a safe and protected zone for Iraqi and Syrian religious minorities. All must agree on this, now. The Yazidi people cannot wait.”
    “Do not let them grow more and more by indifference. Any form of ambivalence will be felt as encouragement,” Murad warned.
    She is sad that the world did not bring the genocidal perpetrators to justice yet. “Daesh [IS] has committed genocide against my people, against United Nations law, against US law, the UK parliament, in France and so many others. Yet the IS or Daesh case has not been referred to the ICC or the international court. I am sad that the world doesn’t focus on bringing such genocidal perpetrators to accountability. It’s painful to me as a survivor to see a world that turns away, averting its eyes, ignoring the worst crimes.”
    Murad concluded by telling the world they should learn more about the Yazidi tragedy and crisis and stand with them.
    “Learn from the Yazidis experience. Come to us, sit with us, let us teach you what this is like. Visit our people, face and hug our orphaned children, see our unprotected mass graves, view our ravaged farms and hill tops. Please bring your powers to help, to heal, to solve. Come share our tears. Our crisis is your crisis.”
    Islamic State group has [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] most parts of Sinjar (Shingal) district in northwest Iraq on August 3, 2014 which led thousands of Kurdish families to flee to Mount Sinjar, where they were trapped in it and suffered from significant lack of water and food, killing and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of thousands of Yazidis as well as rape and captivity of thousands of women.
    Those who stay behind are subjected to brutal, genocidal acts: thousands killed, hundreds buried alive, and countless acts of rape, kidnapping and enslavement are perpetuated against Yazidi women. To add insult to injury, IS fighters ransack and destroy ancient Yazidi holy sites.
    A UN report [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] last week estimated that IS holds about 3,500 slaves and that the terror group continues to subject women and children to sexual violence, particularly in the form of sexual slavery. The report said IS’ actions “may, in some instances, amount to war crimes, crimes against humanity, and possibly genocide.”

According to Human Rights organizations, thousands of Yazidi Kurdish women and girls have been forced to marry or been sold into sexual slavery by the IS jihadists.
    The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] parliament recognize Islamic State killing of Yazidi Kurds as ‘Genocide’.
    Over 600,000 Yazidis live in villages in Iraqi Kurdistan region and in Kurdish areas outside Kurdistan region in around Mosul in Nineveh province, with additional communities in Transcaucasia, Armenia, Georgia, Turkey, and Syria. Additional Yazidi communities located in Germany. There are almost 1.5 million Yazidis worldwide.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Thu 09 May 2024, 11:31 pm