Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Detroit Red Wings

jedi17
    jedi17

Detroit Red Wings Empty Detroit Red Wings

Post by jedi17 Thu 09 Mar 2017, 8:37 pm

Victims of a Boston Massacre
    March 8, 2017, 11:30 PM ET [36 Comments]
    Bob Duff
     Detroit Red Wings Det Detroit Red Wings Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    There have been plenty of nights this season when the Detroit Red Wings have not been good enough to get the victory.

There have been few days, though, like Wednesday, when the effort of the Red Wings simply wasn’t good enough to warrant any hope of victory.

“We were way too easy to play against,” Detroit captain Henrik Zetterberg said after a 6-1 loss at Boston to the Bruins. “Guys just skating by us in the neutral zone; not winning our battles in our own end. We turned the puck over again. 

“You can’t play like that.”

On Boston’s first goal, David Krejci zipped past Wings defenseman Danny DeKeyser as if he was a turnstile. DeKeyser and defense partner Mike Green parted like the Red Sea, allowing Brad Marchand an easy lane for a breakaway goal and a 2-0 lead. Turnovers by Zetterberg and Nick Jensen led to a Drew Stafford tally that made it 3-0. An Anthony Mantha turnover led to another Marchand breakaway goal that upped Boston’s advantage to 5-0.

Detroit coach Jeff Blashill echoed his captain’s sentiments on the performance of their team.

“Not good enough,” Blashill said. “They had to have three unassisted goals so those are the direct results of turnovers. The first two goals are just goals that people get behind us for no reason.

“You can’t win hockey games when you’re turning pucks over for easy chances like that.”

Howard Recalled
    Jimmy Howard might soon be seen in the Red Wings net once again. 

Howard, who hasn’t played for Detroit since suffering a knee injury Dec. 20 at Tampa Bay against the Lightning, was recalled Wednesday from a two-game conditioning assignment with AHL Grand Rapids. He posted a 21-save shutout win over the San Antonio Rampage on Tuesday.

“I think it’ll be good to get Jimmy back, get him back playing to the way he was at the beginning of the year,” Blashill said. “When he’s been healthy, he’s been an excellent goaltender this year for us.”

With a .934 save percentage and 1.96 goals-against average in 17 games, Howard was among the NHL leaders in both categories when he was injured.

“Hopefully he can get back,” Blashill said. “Obviously he’s been out a while, it’s not going to be easy but I know he’s been working real hard with (Detroit goalie coach) Jeff Salajko, he’s worked real hard now in two different stints (at Grand Rapids) to get himself back into a good spot. 

“The reports I heard from Grand Rapids is that he played excellent last night, so I think that stint served its purpose and then when he gets back here, hopefully gets playing at that same level.”

Current date/time is Thu 09 May 2024, 7:46 pm