Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

EU sends experts to protect cultural heritage in Iraq

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

EU sends experts to protect cultural heritage in Iraq Empty EU sends experts to protect cultural heritage in Iraq

Post by Rocky Fri 22 Sep 2017, 2:59 am

EU sends experts to protect cultural heritage in Iraq
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

European Union (EU) High Representative for Security and Foreign Policy Federica Mujerini confirmed on Thursday that the European Union will send experts to protect cultural heritage and tackle the smuggling of cultural property in October.
    "I am proud to announce today that we have decided to send experts on the protection of cultural property," Mugherini said in her address to the UN General Assembly in New York. This is a concrete step to change the situation on the ground. The first experts will be sent next month to Iraq and will be part of our new civilian mission. "
    The EU has already imposed a ban on the trade of cultural property from Iraq and Syria, but the general rules for the entry of EU cultural property have not yet been developed.
    European Commissioner for Economic Affairs Pierre Muscovici said earlier that worldwide trafficking of cultural property represents between 1 and 5 billion euros a year, adding that the EU can not accept the fact that terrorists use money to sell cultural property to finance terrorist attacks Against European citizens ".
    The European Commission calls on EU countries to issue licenses to import antiques, to prevent illegal imports. The relevant regulations of the European Union are expected to enter into force in January 2019.
    According to European media reports, around 100,000 artifacts were smuggled by the militants in 2015.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 10:49 pm