Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

crisis amid the crisis .. US-Turkish meeting at the request of Ankara

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

crisis amid the crisis .. US-Turkish meeting at the request of Ankara Empty crisis amid the crisis .. US-Turkish meeting at the request of Ankara

Post by Rocky Tue 14 Aug 2018, 3:07 am

[size=32]
    crisis amid the crisis .. US-Turkish meeting at the request of Ankara[/size]
     crisis amid the crisis .. US-Turkish meeting at the request of Ankara 1-1173326

Twilight News    

3 hours ago

The US ambassador to the United States, John Bolton, met on Monday with the Turkish ambassador to the United States to discuss the issue of the detention of Turkey by US Archbishop Andrew Branson amid the escalation of the Turkish lira crisis. 
    "At the request of the Turkish ambassador, Ambassador John Bolton met with Turkish Ambassador Sardar Klisch at the White House," White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said.
    She added that the two parties "discussed the continued detention of Turkey to Andrew Andrew Branson and the status of US-Turkish relations."
    The meeting came at a time when the collapse of the Turkish lira against the dollar was worsening, reaching its lowest level in 17 years, despite attempts by the Turkish government to control the situation.
    Turkey accuses Branson of backing a coup attempt against Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan two years ago, a charge he denies.
    Washington has asked Ankara to release him before imposing sanctions on Turkey's justice and interior ministers and double tariffs on some imports from Turkey, exacerbating the lira crisis.
    "The fact that there are ongoing discussions between the two countries on Branson's return to the United States is positive," said Jay Sikulu, a lawyer for US President Donald Trump and also the Branson family. "I look forward to the Branson family's return to the United States."
    Relations between Turkey and the United States, the two NATO partners, have deteriorated because of Branson's detention and conflict of interest in Syria.
    As the crisis continues, the United States is also considering imposing a fine on Turkey's state-owned Bank of Creation for allegedly helping Iran escape US sanctions.

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 4:53 pm