Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iraq pays the last batch of compensation for the invasion of Kuwait, amounting to 52.4 billion dolla

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Iraq pays the last batch of compensation for the invasion of Kuwait, amounting to 52.4 billion dolla Empty Iraq pays the last batch of compensation for the invasion of Kuwait, amounting to 52.4 billion dolla

Post by Rocky Thu 10 Feb 2022, 5:30 am

[size=52]Iraq pays the last batch of compensation for the invasion of Kuwait, amounting to 52.4 billion dollars[/size]

[size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/size]

Most of the compensation came due to Iraq burning oil wells in Kuwait

[size=45]On Wednesday, Iraq paid the last payment of compensation related to its invasion of Kuwait during the rule of late President Saddam Hussein in 1990.[/size]
    [size=45]The Iraqi government paid a total of $52 billion in compensation to individuals, companies and governments who were able to prove that they had suffered damages due to the invasion, according to what was announced by the United Nations Compensation Commission, which oversaw the operation.[/size]
    [size=45]The largest single claim approved by the committee was to compensate the Kuwait Petroleum Corporation, whose losses were estimated at about $14.7 billion, after Iraqi forces set fire to oil wells while they were leaving Kuwait.[/size]
    [size=45]The money was taken from Iraqi oil sales in varying proportions over the past thirty years, the last of which was three percent, according to Reuters.[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 6:28 am