Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Al-Maliki warns of political parties trying to "obstruct" the interrogation of Nabil Jassim, and the

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Maliki - Al-Maliki warns of political parties trying to "obstruct" the interrogation of Nabil Jassim, and the Empty Al-Maliki warns of political parties trying to "obstruct" the interrogation of Nabil Jassim, and the

Post by Rocky Tue 30 Jan 2024, 5:05 am

Al-Maliki warns of political parties trying to "obstruct" the interrogation of Nabil Jassim, and the latter submits a request for postponement

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2024-01-30 04:55
    Font

Shafaq News/ Member of the Parliamentary Legal Committee, Raed Al-Maliki, confirmed today, Tuesday, the existence of political pressure to interfere with the work of Parliament and postpone the interrogation session of the head of the Iraqi Media Network, Nabil Jassim. While he hinted at announcing the names of these parties in the media, he expressed his surprise at “hiding” the news of the interrogation from Network news and websites.

Representative Raed Al-Maliki said during a press conference held in the parliament building and attended by a Shafaq News Agency correspondent, “The interrogation of the head of the Iraqi Media Network was previously officially announced and the interrogation was submitted more than 100 days ago, based on the constitutional powers and internal regulations of the House of Representatives, and was supported by legal documents.”

He added, "The interrogation was delayed for such a period of time, and political interference and pressure occurred during the era of the former Speaker of the House of Representatives, who spoke to me directly and I understood some matters at the time," pointing to "his insistence and continuation in interrogating the head of the Iraqi Media Network."

Al-Maliki continued, "I returned at the beginning of the legislative term to include the interrogation request on the agenda, and the date for the interrogation was set, which was previously communicated to the head of the Iraqi Media Network," stressing, "We are proceeding with the interrogation whether it happens today or there is a postponement."

He stated that “the head of the Iraqi Media Network is in the parliament building and has been present since nine-thirty in the morning, and he submitted a request to postpone the interrogation request for a period of three weeks, and it was considered by the legal department,” noting that “the department expressed its opinion that it informed the head of the Iraqi Media Network of the interrogation.” On 10/19/2023, even if the network head’s excuse in the submitted request is that he did not complete the answers to the interrogation.”

He pointed out, "The legal department believes that the legal period granted to the head of the Iraqi Media Network is sufficient, and that the required argument is not specific and general, and the decision to postpone the interrogation to another date is the decision of the House of Representatives."

Al-Maliki affirmed his “commitment to the constitution and the preparation of all documents and questions,” pointing out that “if the interrogation is postponed with the approval of the House of Representatives, the postponement will be for limited days, such as a week, for example, and not as requested by the head of the network, and if the interrogation is postponed, other questions will be added to the interrogation.”

He explained, "Throughout the previous period and for more than three months, the date of the interrogation was mentioned, and the media department of the House of Representatives did not monitor any news about the interrogation in the news and websites affiliated with the Iraqi Media Network, and the head of the network has no right to withhold news from millions of Iraqis."

Al-Maliki warned the parties that he described as "trying to obstruct the work of the House of Representatives not to interfere," noting that "if these parties continue their interference, I will mention them through the media, because they are trying to obstruct the oversight role of Parliament, and there is political pressure on the Presidency of Parliament regarding the issue of interrogation."
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 3:55 am