Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Fact-Checking Wind and Solar Claims: Climate Expert Makes Case for ‘Realism’

Bama Diva
    Bama Diva

Fact-Checking Wind and Solar Claims: Climate Expert Makes Case for ‘Realism’ Empty Fact-Checking Wind and Solar Claims: Climate Expert Makes Case for ‘Realism’

Post by Bama Diva Wed 03 Apr 2024, 6:59 am

Fact-Checking Wind and Solar Claims: Climate Expert Makes Case for ‘Realism’

April 03, 2024

Wind, solar, and electric vehicles aren’t the clean energy accomplishments that many claim, climatologist David Legates says.

“The lithium, the atrium, all of the rare earth minerals that are necessary for the batteries, that are necessary for the solar panels, that are necessary for the wind turbines … are called rare earths,” Legates explains on “The Daily Signal Podcast.”

These rare earth minerals are acquired through strip mining, he says, a process that involves putting large chunks of earth into a solution. Once the minerals are extracted, what is left is a “toxic sludge lake.”

The process of strip mining changes the environment, adds Legates, a visiting fellow who serves on the Science Advisory Committee for the Center for Energy, Climate, and Environment at The Heritage Foundation. Legates, also a professor emeritus at the University of Delaware, is the author of a Heritage paper on rising sea levels.

Legates, who joins this episode of “The Daily Signal Podcast,” explains how wind turbines and solar panels are created and discusses his new book “Climate and Energy: The Case for Realism,” co-authored with E. Calvin Beisner. He also identifies what the cleanest form of energy really is.

(The podcast is at the link if interested)

https://www.dailysignal.com/2024/04/03/fact-checking-wind-solar-claims-climate-expert-makes-case-realism/?utm_source=TDS_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MorningBell&mkt_tok=ODI0LU1IVC0zMDQAAAGSQnY916Bu6iPr-itz4T6N6R49nWZGWQW6nzAK4A3jyJ6Ejwbr0dldTGGVrmuWMSJsOi5wK8C93ytabwgU-O3JXvPhnWjAZ5V8Vs6-XEI4z36SHhkb1Q

Nakluagator likes this post

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 8:09 pm