Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Turkey Leader Erdogan's Islamist-Rooted AKP Wins Election

Lobo
    Lobo

Turkey Leader Erdogan's Islamist-Rooted AKP Wins Election Empty Turkey Leader Erdogan's Islamist-Rooted AKP Wins Election

Post by Lobo Mon 02 Nov 2015, 11:42 am

Nov 2 2015, 4:49 am ET
    Turkey Leader Erdogan's Islamist-Rooted AKP Wins Election

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Monday the nation had voted for stability in a parliamentary election that saw his Islamist-rooted party triumph.
    Erdogan's ruling Justice and Development party, or AKP, won more than 49 percent of the vote in Sunday's election, almost double that of the next party. The win restored the party's single-party majority that it had lost in a June poll.

Speaking after attending prayers at a mosque and visiting his parents' graves Monday, Erdogan said: "Now a party with some 50 percent in Turkey has attained power ... The whole world must show respect. So far I haven't seen such a maturity from the world."

Erdogan added that the outcome was a message to Kurdish insurgents in the country's restive southeast that violence could not coexist with democracy.

The outcome could aggravate deep splits in Turkey between pious conservatives who champion Erdogan as a hero of the working class, and Western-facing secularists suspicious of his authoritarianism and Islamist ideals.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/turkey-leader-erdogans-islamist-rooted-akp-wins-election-n455541

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 2:27 pm