Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Grilled Radicchio with Olive Oil and Sea Salt

Lobo
    Lobo

Grilled Radicchio with Olive Oil and Sea Salt Empty Grilled Radicchio with Olive Oil and Sea Salt

Post by Lobo Sat 23 Jan 2016, 10:25 pm

Grilled Radicchio with Olive Oil and Sea Salt Img48l
    Grilled Radicchio with Olive Oil and Sea Salt
    Grilled Radicchio with Olive Oil and Sea Salt Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review

A vibrant reddish purple member of the chicory family, radicchio has a fresh, bitter flavor that mellows deliciously when it is grilled until tender. A wedge makes a great side dish for grilled meat—try it with veal chops—or it can be sliced and used as a pizza or bruschetta topping or as a sandwich filling.

Ingredients:

• 2 heads radicchio 
    • 2 Tbs. olive oil 
    • Coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste 
    • 4 tsp. balsamic vinegar 

Directions:

Quarter the radicchio heads lengthwise, leaving the cores intact. Brush the cut sides generously with some of the olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.

Prepare a medium-hot fire in a grill and oil the grill rack.

Place the radicchio, cut sides down, on the grill and cook, turning frequently, until browned and tender when pierced at the core with a knife, 8 to 12 minutes total. (Close the lid if using a gas grill.)

Transfer the radicchio to a platter and drizzle each piece with about 1/2 tsp. olive oil and 1/2 tsp. vinegar. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Serves 4.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Eat Well, by Charity Ferreira (Oxmoor House, 2008).

Related Tips

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 9:56 pm