Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Detroit Red Wings

jedi17
    jedi17

Detroit Red Wings  Empty Detroit Red Wings

Post by jedi17 Wed 25 Jan 2017, 7:21 pm

Squandering away another much-needed point
    January 24, 2017, 11:29 PM ET [23 Comments]
    Bob Duff
    Detroit Red Wings  Det Detroit Red Wings Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    The start was familiar, and so was the finish.

Another slow start for the Detroit Red Wings finished with another loss for the Wings, 4-3 overtime setback Wednesday at Boston to the Bruins.

Boston, which opened with a 4-1 first-period lead a week ago at Detroit, broke fast again, pelting Wings goalie Jared Coreau with 46 shots, 19 of them in the first period, coming out of the opening frame with a 2-1 edge.

“We weren’t good enough,” Detroit coach Jeff Blashill told reporters after the game. “We didn’t skate, we turned too many pucks over, didn’t win enough battles, so it’s not good enough.”

His players echoed Blashill’s disappointment in their performance.

“Man to man in the room we weren’t good enough,” forward Justin Abdelkader said. “I don’t know what the reason was the prior game and this game the same thing. 

“Visually we’ve got to make sure we come out ready when the puck drops.”

Captain Henrik Zetterberg saw plenty going wrong on the ice in the opening 20 minutes. 

“They were a little quicker to the pucks maybe,” Zetterberg said. “There was a few times here tonight where we had control of the puck and all of a sudden they have it. 

“The guys without the puck, we have to talk a little more and want the puck, and also execute when we make the pass.”

Rally Time
    The Wings did battle back and in fact took a 3-2 lead into the third period before another common trait this season, inability to hold a third-period lead, once more raised up again and snatched away the victory. Detroit dropped to 9-9 in overtime this season

“We’ve got to find a way to do better, find a way to get results in those three-on-three situations,” Blashill said. “We’ve got good enough players to do it. We’ve got to score on it when we do get chances. We’ve got to score on our chances and we’ve got to make sure we do a better job.”

Detroit went to overtime for the fourth straight game and lost in the extra session for the third straight outing.

“We need points,” Blashill said. “We can’t afford (getting just) one point, we need two points. It’s good that we strung together a points streak here but we need two points.”

Drew In
    After a whirlwind 24 hours during which he didn’t know where or when he’d be playing hockey again, Drew Miller found himself right where he’d left off, in the lineup for the Wings.

Waived by the Red Wings on Sunday, veteran forward Miller went unclaimed and was assigned to AHL Grand Rapids. But when forwards Dylan Larkin and Thomas Vanek were injured, Miller was quickly recalled to Detroit to fill the void

“It’s definitely a tough time,” Miller said. “Any time you go on waivers it’s not easy, but as things go in this game and in the NHL, things happen quick and I’m back here for now and just going to try to make the most of this opportunity.”

The Wings acquired Miller by claiming him on waivers from the Tampa Bay Lightning in 2000, so he’s been down this road before but that doesn’t make it any easier.

“Anytime you go on a roller coaster emotionally like that, as a person I think it’s hard,” Blashill said. “He didn’t know for 24 hours where he was going to be. And then I had alerted him that there was a good chance that if he did clear, that he would be with us because of the injuries. 

“He knew that but it’s definitely a roller coaster. It’s hard on people.”

Miller is seeking to put the past two days into his rear-view mirror.

“For me it’s just going into a personal shell, just kind of push away the waivers and push away the uncertainty and just play hockey,” Miller said. “That’s all I can do and control what you can control and that’s what I’m going to do.” 

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 6:32 am