Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Toronto Maple Leafs

jedi17
    jedi17

Toronto Maple Leafs  Empty Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by jedi17 Mon 06 Mar 2017, 6:28 pm

Rise and Shine
    March 6, 2017, 10:15 AM ET [84 Comments]
    Lucas Neilson
    Toronto Maple Leafs  Tor Toronto Maple Leafs Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    The schedule the Leafs have had this season hasn’t exactly been the friendliest with the number of back to back games and of course the heavy load in the second half of the season.

Last week the Maple Leafs had a difficult road trip out West playing against a number of quality teams; Kings, Ducks and Sharks. One measly point out of a possible six isn’t what we fans or the organization was hoping for. Quite the letdown, but hey; it’s far from over and a big week can and will get the players confidence up as they continue down the final stretch.

This isn’t the time for negative banter or dissecting that’s playing bad or what players need to go in the off season. It’s a time for us fans to enjoy the meaningful games and watch the rookies finish off this memorable season whether it be falling short or squeezing into the playoffs in the last couple of games. It’s exciting times, instead of hoping for last place and all the ping pong balls to fall into place we are scoreboard watching, hoping certain teams lose and of course the Leafs being victorious.

The truth is, if this young Toronto team hadn’t blown so many third periods, or had a 50% success rate in the shootout; we would be fighting for any one of the top three Atlantic Division spots. The pin light of hope that was once bleak at the end of the tunnel is now bolstering in brightness, like one of those David Suzuki lights. In due time, this Maple Leafs team will have a bit more experience, a bit more confidence and hopefully a much more well-rounded defensive core.

Last year the Leafs most glaring need was acquiring a number one goaltender and of course adding a number one center (not that Kadri was terrible, but he’s certainly not a number one).

With the Leafs adding Andersen and Matthews to the mix, two of the major holes were filled and instantly the team is that much better. Adding Zaitsev was a hopeful move by management and he couldn’t have panned out better. After Toronto resigns Zaitsev they will still need to find themselves at least one more capable defender if they want to patch the most glaring need heading into 2017-18.

With the expansion looming and each team only being able to protect so many players, there may be a few noteworthy players that Toronto could try to trade for. If a team is going to potentially lose a player to the expansion team for nothing, they may be willing to negotiate a trade for a player they normally wouldn’t want to move. Toronto offering a pick, prospect of combination of both may be enough to pry that player from their respected team, ultimately making it easier for that team to pick who they want to protect.

Lamoriello is going to have his work cut out for him and you can bet he will be working some ungodly hours trying to find a player who would fit well into the Leafs and Babcock’s system.

The last few draft years have been quite solid when comparing to the stock from this years. With Toronto acquiring so many picks and prospects over the last few years they certainly have some pieces to move around if a quality player becomes available. 

If you ask me, the gist of the rebuild is complete and from here on out it’s improving the team and continuing to add young players who are willing to work hard and have the want to bring the cup home to Toronto under this regime.  

I can assure you Leafs coach Mike Babcock isn’t waiving the little white flag right now, he’s going to have the boys fired up this week. You should expect a big bounce back week starting off with his former team the Detroit Red Wings tomorrow night. That to me is a must win for the Leafs and I feel all three games this week are very winnable. It’s time to get a winning streak started and turn up the heat; enough is enough let’s get back at it here.

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday – Wings, Flyers, Hurricanes.

Time to step it up!

Thanks for reading; I hope everyone had a good weekend.

Go Leafs Go!

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 1:04 am