Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Winnipeg Jets

jedi17
    jedi17

Winnipeg Jets Empty Winnipeg Jets

Post by jedi17 Thu 09 Mar 2017, 8:34 pm

Neither Revenge or Redemption Last Night
    March 9, 2017, 9:58 AM ET [8 Comments]
    Peter Tessier
     Winnipeg Jets Win Winnipeg Jets Blogger • Winnipeg Jets Writer • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    It started strong, and nasty but after the fight between Wheeler and Malkin and then Thorburn and Sestito the two teams got to playing hockey, at least for awhile. They traded goals and as the scoring happened you could see on social media that fans felt it might be one of 'those games' for the Jets, and more pointedly, Connor Helllebuyck. Their fears were confirmed, it was one of those games.

Before we get any further was the boarding and hitting from behind by Sestito cheap? I think so, it was also unnecessary and low and behold the four goals scored by Pittsburgh to take the lead and seal the win all happened after Enstrom had left the game.  

If revenge is a dish best served cold the Jets certainly let the home town winter weather do the serving rather than the team. The power play, which had its fair share of opportunities was a mess as was the penalty kill and let's not talk about the goaltending. It was awful, that's all you need to know.

I'm going to look at the goaltending in deeper detail later but it requires some spreadsheet work and that takes me a bit of time but wait for it...I have a theory.

The end game though was that the Jets were out-classed but the reigning Stanley Cup Champions, a far cry from how they played in Pittsburgh just over two weeks ago. Whether or not this was a game you can wash away remains to be seen but I'll leave you with this tweet that I made last night. I think it captures the essence of where the problems lie, and they are deep rooted as only once have wee seen this team put together a somewhat consistent season since coming from Atlanta.

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 12:32 am