Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Turkey renews its bombardment of northern Iraq

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Turkey renews its bombardment of northern Iraq Empty Turkey renews its bombardment of northern Iraq

Post by Rocky Wed 26 Apr 2017, 6:42 am

Turkey renews its bombardment of northern Iraq

Release date: 2017/4/26

Turkish planes renewed their bombardment of sites in northern Iraq that Ankara says belong to the PKK.
    A Turkish military statement said that Turkish warplanes bombed targets of Kurdish militants in northern Iraq on Wednesday, killing six of them as part of a widening campaign against the outlawed Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) in Turkey.
    The air strikes targeted the Zab area, the name of a river passing through the Turkish-Iraqi border, the statement said.
    Turkey announced yesterday that its fighter jets carried out raids on the northern regions of Jabal Sinjar and Mount Qarhuk in northern Syria to "destroy terrorist hideouts belonging to the PKK and led to the killing of 70 members of the party."
    Five Peshmerga forces and one Ayazid fighter were also killed in the raid.
    Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan claimed that the raids were carried out in coordination with the United States and Russia and the Kurdistan Regional Government, "stressing that Turkey will not allow the Sinjar become a base for fighters of the PKK."
    The Iraqi cabinet condemned "the Turkish air assault on Iraqi territory in the Sinjar region, which caused the deaths of Iraqi victims, and said it was a serious violation of Iraqi sovereignty in contravention of the provisions of international law and the principles of good neighborliness."
    The government also warned "Turkey to repeat this unjustified excess, which could lead to escalating steps affecting the efforts of Iraq and the international community in the war against terrorism."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 7:46 pm