Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

3 posters

McCain: Americans ‘stupid’ enough to travel to North Korea should sign a waiver

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

McCain: Americans ‘stupid’ enough to travel to North Korea should sign a waiver Empty McCain: Americans ‘stupid’ enough to travel to North Korea should sign a waiver

Post by Rocky Thu 22 Jun 2017, 4:07 am

McCain: Americans ‘stupid’ enough to travel to North Korea should sign a waiver

The Arizona Republican said North Korea "murdered" 22-year-old American student Otto Warmbier.

Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman John McCain (R-AZ)
    Sen. John McCain said Tuesday that Americans who are "stupid" enough to still want to travel to North Korea should be required to sign a waiver absolving the U.S. government of any blame should they be harmed while there.

McCain, the chairman of the Armed Services Committee, said North Korea "murdered" Otto Warmbier, the 22-year-old American college student who died just days after North Korea released him from detention in a coma. He had arrived in Ohio on June 13 after being held for more than 17 months.

"They just murdered him," McCain said.

The University of Virginia student was accused of trying to steal a propaganda banner while visiting with a tour group and was convicted of subversion. He was sentenced in March 2016 to 15 years in prison with hard labor.

"There should at least be a form for them to fill out that says, 'If I go to North Korea, I understand I am taking great risk and I do not hold the American government responsible. Now I hope the American government will help, etc., etc. But I realize what has happened to previous American citizens, including their deaths,'" McCain, R-Ariz., said in an interview.

"I would have that first because if people are that stupid that they still want to go to that country then at least they assume the responsibility for their welfare," McCain said.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/20/mccain-americans-stupid-enough-to-travel-to-north-korea-should-sign-a-waiver.html
    zimi31
    zimi31
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

McCain: Americans ‘stupid’ enough to travel to North Korea should sign a waiver Empty Re: McCain: Americans ‘stupid’ enough to travel to North Korea should sign a waiver

Post by zimi31 Thu 22 Jun 2017, 9:56 am

Imho..McCain should never have used the word 'stupid' within days of the murder of this boy...so insensitive!!! As I understand it he was part of a tour group in that general area and was it insinuated that this would be a good thing. He was I guess about 20 at the time. Bad judgement for sure but, stupid, very inappropriate considering his high profile...
    weslin3
    weslin3
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

McCain: Americans ‘stupid’ enough to travel to North Korea should sign a waiver Empty Re: McCain: Americans ‘stupid’ enough to travel to North Korea should sign a waiver

Post by weslin3 Thu 22 Jun 2017, 10:44 am

I agree zimi. Wrong choice of words to use... But I can't imagine anyone risking their lives to go into that snake den... You may not come out...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 3:11 pm