Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Associated Press: Washington and Pyongyang are engaged in secret talks

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Associated Press: Washington and Pyongyang are engaged in secret talks Empty Associated Press: Washington and Pyongyang are engaged in secret talks

Post by Rocky Sat 12 Aug 2017, 4:02 am

Associated Press: Washington and Pyongyang are engaged in secret talks

22:00 - 11/08/2017

The United States and North Korea have been in constant contact with the United States for months, the Associated Press news agency reported, quoting US officials.

The channel, based on its sources, said that the channel through which contact between the two parties is the communication between the State Department official on the North Korean file, Deputy Assistant Foreign Minister Joseph Yun, on the one hand, and the chief diplomat of Pyongyang in the mission of North Korea to the United Nations , Bac Sun-il, on the other hand.

Joseph Yun is the only American diplomat who can communicate with any diplomat in North Korea, the sources said. The channel was dubbed "New York Channel" by US officials.

She explained that "New York Channel" is mostly used to exchange messages, allowing Washington and Pyongyang to transfer information between them.

The agency said that the administration of US President Donald Trump had discussed with the authorities in Pyongyang about the issue of American detainees in North Korea and, in particular, to ensure the release of university student Otto Wurmember in June.

However, it was not yet known whether the two sides were supporting contacts through this channel later, and whether they were dealing with other issues, other than American detainees.

Although these contacts did not defuse the crisis over Pyongyang's nuclear and missile programs, the IAEA's interlocutors did not rule out that these secret discussions could serve as a basis for more serious negotiations, including on the subject of North Korea's nuclear weapons, if both US President Donald Rumsfeld Trump, and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, on the hostile speech / end 25 d

http://www.almaalomah.com/2017/08/11/183683/

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 10:14 am