Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

German interior minister set off anger over the holiday for Muslims

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

German interior minister set off anger over the holiday for Muslims Empty German interior minister set off anger over the holiday for Muslims

Post by Rocky Sun 15 Oct 2017, 3:56 am

[size=32]
    German interior minister set off anger over the holiday for Muslims[/size]
    German interior minister set off anger over the holiday for Muslims 1-988272

Twilight News    

3 hours ago

MOSCOW (Reuters) - German Interior Minister Thomas de Mezier, close to Chancellor Angela Merkel, raised controversy on Saturday and bluffed inside the Conservatives' camp by offering a Muslim holiday in the country.

Two days ago, De Mezier put forward a proposal that was categorically rejected on Saturday by the Christian Social Union party allied with Merkel's Conservative Party.
    "Our Christian heritage is not subject to debate," Alexander Duprendt, one of the leading figures of the Christian Social Union, told the German newspaper Bild. "There is no possibility of adding an Islamic holiday in Germany."
    "I do not see a convincing reason" to add such a holiday, given that the religious traditions of Germany are Christian and Jewish and not Muslim, said one member of the Christian Democrats.
    "In certain parts of the country, where many Muslims live, we have not offered to add an Islamic holiday," the interior minister said in an interview during an election campaign in Lower Saxony.
    On Sunday, the province is witnessing regional elections expected to bring close results between conservatives and the Social Democrats.
    The candidate of the Christian Democratic Union party rushed to announce that he did not share the view of the minister.

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 7:40 am