Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Emirates signs deal with Airbus for $ 16 billion

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Emirates signs deal with Airbus for $ 16 billion Empty Emirates signs deal with Airbus for $ 16 billion

Post by Rocky Mon 12 Feb 2018, 2:21 am

Emirates signs deal with Airbus for $ 16 billion

Emirates signs deal with Airbus for $ 16 billion 5806

Emirates has signed a contract to buy up to 36 Airbus A380s worth $ 16 billion at 
    announced prices, confirming an important order for the future of the world's largest passenger jet.
    The order to purchase 20 double-decker aircraft with an option to purchase an additional 16 aircraft was announced on a temporary basis in mid-January. The Dubai-based airline said deliveries would begin in 2020.
    Airbus had previously said it would stop production of the A380 if it failed to make a huge deal with Emirates.
    Emirates said the latest order was Emirates' commitment to the A380 program to 178 aircraft, adding that it was evaluating options for new aircraft engines.
    The airline currently operates 101 A380s and has an existing order of 41 aircraft. With the addition of the new order, Emirates' commitment to the A380 is now rising to 178 aircraft worth US $ 60 billion (AED 220 billion).
    The Emirates A380 fleet currently operates with General Electric and Rolls Royce engines and is currently evaluating the type of engine that will be used by the new order aircraft.
    "This transaction reflects our commitment to the A380 by providing stability to the aircraft's production line and supporting tens of thousands of key aviation functions," said Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum. "The A380 has been well received and reflected positively on our operations and brand. "We look forward to continuing to work with Airbus to further improve the aircraft and products on board.
    Emirates Airline's partnership with Airbus extends for decades and is the world's largest operator of the A380 aircraft, with 101 aircraft of this type currently operating.

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 10:23 am