Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

The Big Comeback By Bill Crowder

Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

The Big Comeback By Bill Crowder  Empty The Big Comeback By Bill Crowder

Post by Neno Mon 30 Jun 2014, 6:15 pm

Chad Pennington is a former American football player who has suffered multiple career-threatening injuries. Twice, his injuries forced him to endure surgery, months of physical therapy, and weeks of training to get back onto the field. Yet, both times he not only returned to playing but he also excelled at such a high level that he was named Comeback Player of the Year in the National Football League. For Pennington, his efforts were an expression of his determination to return to football.

Spiritually, when sin and failure break our relationship with God and sideline our service, determination alone is not what restores us to rightness with God and usefulness in His kingdom. When we are sidelined because of sin, the path to a comeback is confession as well. “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9).

For us to be able to recover from our spiritual failings, we are absolutely dependent on the One who gave Himself for us. And that gives us hope. Christ, who died for us, loves us with an everlasting love and will respond with grace as we confess our faults to Him. Through confession, we can find His gracious restoration—the greatest of all comebacks.

Just as I am, without one plea,
    But that Thy blood was shed for me,
    And that Thou bidd’st me come to Thee,
    O Lamb of God, I come, I come. —Elliott

Confession is the path that leads to restoration.
    Insight

In today’s reading we see how God has provided a gracious means of cleansing us from our personal sins and reestablishing fellowship with God. It comes through confession of sin and redirecting our choices to the path of obedience (1 John 1:9).

http://odb.org/
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

The Big Comeback By Bill Crowder  Empty Re: The Big Comeback By Bill Crowder

Post by Neno Mon 30 Jun 2014, 6:29 pm

In today’s reading we see how God has provided a gracious means of cleansing us from our personal sins and reestablishing fellowship with God. It comes through confession of sin and redirecting our choices to the path of obedience (1 John 1:9). wrote:
    For the last 6 months plus, I had grown relaxed with beating my Type II diabetes the past three years (I Thought). I started drinking again, like two here and there until it grown to 5 or 6 almost daily in the past month. Now I said almost daily as I still felt I was in control as I never got drunk or committed to everyday binging but was starting to realize I may lose control if I didn't slow down as it seemed to have no effect on me. Well, it was having a effect on my insides as I failed my DOT exam today with sugar in my urine. I have to see the doctor tomorrow for a three day intervention for my Type II diabetes that I have not beat as I thought I had. So I am confessing my personal sin to my body and for cleansing and redirecting to what I know is obedience. My wife said, "You got to stop this midlife crises stuff", I think I am going to hear her... ;)

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 6:16 pm