Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

It represents a security and economic threat. Iraqi army prepares to close "smuggling" crossings wit

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

It represents a security and economic threat. Iraqi army prepares to close "smuggling" crossings wit Empty It represents a security and economic threat. Iraqi army prepares to close "smuggling" crossings wit

Post by Rocky Wed 21 Apr 2021, 1:50 pm

It represents a security and economic threat. Iraqi army prepares to close "smuggling" crossings with Syria

2021-04-21 13:18
    Iraqi army forces will soon launch a large-scale campaign to close illegal corridors on the Iraqi-Syrian border, a military source at al-Jazeera and Badia Operations Command in Anbar province said Wednesday.

The source, a colonel, told Shafq News that the campaign will be launched within the syrian al-Tanf al-Bu Kamal axis and the Iraqi district of Al-Qaim, "after the increased illegal activities of armed groups claiming to belong to armed factions including smuggling prohibited materials between the two countries, and introducing goods to avoid paying customs duties on them."

"The forces will conduct large-scale surveys along the border aimed at tracking down the so-called "fractures", which are carried out by armed groups in the border curtain, through which drugs, car parts, power transformers, fuel and medicines are transported from Iraq to Syria, and materials are also transported from inside Syria to Iraq, he said.

He said Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kadhimi was directed to close the corridors and strengthen the border a week after Iraqi forces received surveillance towers and night thermal cameras.

Smuggling through Syria "has become a security and economic threat to Iraq, where many smuggling activities are carried out under the auspices of armed factions deployed on both sides of the Iraqi-Syrian border," the source said.

He warned that the campaign "also aims to block tunnels dug by ISIS in recent years and prevent their reuse."
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 8:29 am