Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iraqis about rain: We need it and fear it!

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Iraqis about rain: We need it and fear it! Empty Iraqis about rain: We need it and fear it!

Post by Rocky Wed 07 Feb 2024, 4:19 am

POSTED ON[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] BY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=52]Iraqis about rain: We need it and fear it![/size]

[size=45]Zulfikar Yusuf[/size]
    [size=45]Silwan is haunted by confusion in the evenings whenever winter arrives in Iraq, as his work is conditional on the weather being clear and clear. He follows bulletins and weather news, fearful of the warnings given to Iraqis from time to time by weather forecasters, to wear coats,[/size]
    [size=45]Carry umbrellas, do not go near electricity poles, and avoid streets flooded with water. There is a temporary crisis coming to Iraq, the existence of which we had loved before, as did the rest of the countries, but this time it will come to us in a different way. The rain is coming, oh Iraqis.. so beware of it![/size]
    [size=45]Although everyone agrees on the importance and beauty of the presence of rain in our lives, as it is the engine of fertility, the master of crops and food, and the maker of the secret of life, its drops, which we are accustomed to thanking the sky for, are life for all creatures. On the other hand, rain is a material for thought for all creative people. Their titles, and our love for it, are no different. However, the Iraqis’ distress has increased as the winter season approaches. Despite the extreme heat in the summer, they suffer during the winter season from discomforts that increase their anxiety and make them face additional difficulty in life.[/size]
    [size=45]God's gift though![/size]
    [size=45]Muhammad Adel (34 years old) becomes afraid as this season approaches, as he says, justifying his feelings: “Drowning is the first cause, especially in areas devoid of services.” Pointing out, “The rain always threatens my house to flood because there is no good sewage system in my area.”[/size]
    [size=45]Adel added in his interview with Al Mada, “The flooding of the streets makes the water enter the homes like waves to drown them, causing damage to home furniture and electrical appliances, in addition to the diseases that afflict us whenever it rains for several consecutive days.”[/size]
    [size=45]Adel asserts, “How can any human being hate rain? It is God’s gift to us. However, the absence of services and poor infrastructure in the country made us pray to God not to let the rain continue for more than a few hours for fear of what might happen,” noting that it is the same. One time, rainwater reached his bedroom, soaking his mattress. He mocked his situation at that time and said with a smile: “It was the first time I had ever experienced sleeping on a mattress filled with water, like the one we see in commercials!”[/size]
    [size=45]Iraq is between the countries of origin and sinking[/size]
    [size=45]The water shortage crisis in the country has worsened over the past years, as many causes have made Iraq threatened by desertification, including climate change and misuse of water, as well as the decline and absence of water releases by the upstream countries (Iran, Turkey, and Syria), revealing a problem that is difficult to solve to accompany Iraq’s multiple problems.[/size]
    [size=45]While the government is slowly facing this crisis, Iraqis are beginning to suffer greatly when it comes to their lives in their country. The fire of desertification is burning, and the fear of rain showers threatens them on the other hand. Ali Al-Saadi (44 years old), who works as a taxi driver, confirms that “because there is no Correct and real measures from the government. Rain has become an obstacle to our work and earning a living. As soon as the rain falls in Iraq, you find that most of the streets have been flooded with water, in addition to the fact that there are areas that are not served in terms of covering the streets, which makes them full of stagnant water and mud, as the wheels that We import it from outside the country with poor quality, as rain water causes constant damage to it, not to mention the crowding in the streets that accompanies the rain every time.”[/size]
    [size=45]Al-Saadi confirms in his speech to (Al-Mada): “We always look at countries where rain falls for a period of days, and at other times the rain falls for weeks. However, we see that these countries are able, through their governments, to control the huge amounts of rain so that it does not affect the citizen.” “, noting: “You can conduct a questionnaire for anyone who wants to complete some work during or after rain in the country. You will inevitably find that many will postpone their work until the streets are empty of water.”[/size]
    [size=45]Nizar Qabbani and the legend of the rock[/size]
    [size=45]Who among us can forget that incident that occurred in 2013, when the government and the concerned authorities came out after the streets of Baghdad were flooded with rainwater, announcing the reason, which was that there were parties that had thrown a 150-kg rock into the sewage networks, which caused them to be closed, as this statement then became the subject of The ridicule of all Iraqis, while the memory of this statement echoes every time the capital, Baghdad, is flooded with rainwater, becoming an immortal legend over the years.[/size]
    [size=45]Teacher Hashim Al-Araji (48 years old), who works as a teacher in one of Baghdad’s schools, confirms to (Al-Mada) that he still remembers the incident whenever it rains, flooding the schoolyard in which he works. He added, “Despite the decline in the rate of flooding of streets in the capital, the coming The government is partial in this aspect, as it provides mechanisms to withdraw water from the streets whenever it rains, and this process is not always successful because it takes a long time to process.”[/size]
    [size=45]Al-Araji explains, “The government must reconsider the country’s infrastructure, especially the sewage system and street coverings, and exploit this water in the best way, given that we are going through an ongoing drought crisis and face the threat of desertification, but on the condition that we do not repeat the tragedies we faced since the days of the rock that closed the networks.” Sanitation in Baghdad until today.” Replacing the second half of a verse of poetry said by the poet Nizar Qabbani about his beloved, he says: “I fear that the world will rain while you are not with me.. Since I left, I have had a (rock) complex!”[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 11:17 am