Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Zalmay Khalilzad: Bremer made mistakes in Iraq .. and Washington and Tehran have agreed on how to en

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Zalmay Khalilzad: Bremer made mistakes in Iraq .. and Washington and Tehran have agreed on how to en Empty Zalmay Khalilzad: Bremer made mistakes in Iraq .. and Washington and Tehran have agreed on how to en

Post by Rocky Mon May 16, 2016 7:24 am

[size=37]Zalmay Khalilzad: Bremer made mistakes in Iraq .. and Washington and Tehran have agreed on how to enter the US troops to Baghdad[/size]

BAGHDAD - The Journal News
    Former US ambassador to Iraq, Zalmay Khalilzad revealed mistakes committed by the US administration in Iraq, especially during the civil governor Paul Bremer assume management of the country's affairs, adding that Washington and Tehran have discussed how the entry of US troops into Baghdad.
    Said Zalmay at a meeting with Roudao network Kurdish "I have worked with the Iraqis and Kurds also Thaothm for the post-Saddam period, we have been collaborating with the Iraqis to establish a transitional provision, or the establishment of temporary forces, our aim in the United States was the liberation of Iraq, in order to recognize the government to the Iraqis after that, but after the appointment of Mr. Paul Bremer, everyone call us occupiers of Iraq has become, has been editing turned to the occupation, as were expelled Iraqi military service, such as the Fedayeen Saddam and the Republican Guard and the Iraqi intelligence, but I called the survival of some of the Iraqi forces to protect the security of the country, however, Bremer issued his decision to disband the Iraqi army completely, and drew a letter to Iraqi leaders that he is governing Iraq, and they will be as advisers with him. as for the Baath Party there was a big demand dissolution, but that what he had done Bremer was a political, not legal, because this decision may include individuals who accused of what he did adults, whether their hands stained with the blood of Iraqis or not, and I think that this decision was not correct.
    Maliki did not transpire for prime minister
    He said Zalmay "After that was approved in 2005 after the adoption of the Constitution, and the Shiite blocs to submit names that will represent, who provided al-Jaafari for the job, but he was always suffering from how to get the support of the Kurds and the Sunnis in the Iraqi parliament, and
    They were not satisfied with his performance completely, The way treated with security and political issues were not according to the required level, a lot of Iraqi parties were not satisfied with it, and this in turn may also impact on America, so I put the Shiite al-Maliki name to take over the post of prime minister, he was able Maliki after consultation with the Kurds and Sunnis, to get the necessary support for this position, but I did not go to the Shiites, for example, to tell them: You must choose Maliki for this position, the Shiites are chosen.
    US-Iran meetings .. and Barzani refuses Turkish presence
    He revealed Zalmay on the substance of US-Iranian meetings prior to the entry of US troops to Iraq in 2003, saying that was the meetings useful, and which we wanted since the beginning, is that if we decide to attack Iraq, to ​​interfere with the Iranians themselves in the military operation, the second thing is if it falls US plane fell pilots in Iran, that does not interfere with the Iranians in saving pilots efforts, we want to tell them our vision for Iraq after Saddam Hussein, that Iraq's future will not be an enemy of Iran or any other country from neighboring countries, also talked about what they know they are about Iraq, and what can be done by Saddam in accordance with the developments of the war, as well as we have made clear our plans and our outlook on how to form a government after the liberation, despite the fact that our discussions with Iran have attracted many people to it, but we were talking about that with Iraq's other neighbors, but that is interesting was we sat with Iran.
    He said the Iranians as neighbors of Iraq, had concerns from the direction of Iraq towards the division and the emergence of Kurdistan as an independent state after the US attack, that's what we heard during our conversations with the Turks and the Iranians, and the things that I understood during my discussions with President Barzani in the resort of Salahuddin, is that despite the concern over the entry of Turkish troops in conjunction with the entry of the allies into Iraqi territory, there is a conflict least, any that President Barzani and the Kurds, they will resist the Turkish army, if they came with US troops to Iraq.
    Washington supports the independence of Kurdistan conditions
    He said the American monitors how Kurdistan's declaration of independence, if was announced conditions increase the peace and calm the situation with Iraq, it will increase the Kurds in American politics gains, even if independence will increase the political reform in Kurdistan, or economic development, it will be America supportive, and will be independence supporter of strengthening relations with Baghdad, and also will have an impact in the internal relations of the territory.
    And Khalilzad, who is 65 years old and Afghan assets, strengthened in the eighties a program to support the "mujahedeen in Afghanistan," who died on Soviet power in Afghanistan later.
    Action Khalilzad returns with issues concerning the Iraqi issue to the beginning of 1998, was sent Khalilzad with members of the "New American Century Project" Letter to the President of the United States then, Bill Clinton, asking him to approve the overthrow of the plan of Saddam Hussein, and in 2002 was appointed president American, George W. Bush, Zalmay Khalilzad as his special envoy to meetings with Iraqi opposition parties, to coordinate with them to prepare for the post-Saddam Hussein, Khalilzad was appointed US ambassador to Afghanistan from 2003 to 2005, then was appointed as ambassador to Iraq from 2005 to 2007. is over
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:43 pm