Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Herbal Spritzer

Lobo
    Lobo

Herbal Spritzer Empty Herbal Spritzer

Post by Lobo Wed 07 Dec 2016, 6:46 pm

Herbal Spritzer Img96l
    Herbal Spritzer

Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Cook Time: 5 minutes
    Servings: 8
    This refreshing spritzer is perfect for warm summer days. If you can’t find lemon thyme or pineapple sage, use regular thyme or sage instead.

Ingredients:

• 1 bottle (750ml) dry white wine
    • 1 cup water
    • 1 cup fresh lemon juice
    • 1 cup sugar
    • Zest of 5 lemons
    • 1 bunch fresh lemon thyme or pineapple sage, plus more sprigs for garnish
    • Chilled tonic water for serving

Related Recipes

Directions:

In a large pot over medium-high heat, combine the wine, water, lemon juice and sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the lemon zest and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the bunch of herbs. Let steep for 15 minutes.

Pour the syrup through a fine-mesh sieve into a freezer-safe bowl, discarding the lemon zest and herbs. Nestle the bowl in a larger one filled with ice water and let cool. Place in the freezer until the syrup reaches a slushy consistency, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

To serve, fill a double old-fashioned glass or a wineglass one-third full with the slushy syrup, then top with chilled tonic water. Garnish each drink with a small herb sprig. Makes eight 12-oz. drinks.

Recipe Courtesy of Dan Barber, Blue Hill.

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 7:04 am