Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Oil prices fall as the dollar rises

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Oil prices fall as the dollar rises Empty Oil prices fall as the dollar rises

Post by Rocky Tue 15 Aug 2017, 3:06 am

Oil prices fall as the dollar rises

Oil fell more than 2.5 percent in volatile trade on Tuesday as the dollar rallied and China's domestic demand weakened, plunging prices after a brief boost on concerns of a possible drop in crude supplies from Libya.

Brent crude futures were down $ 1.37, or 2.63 percent, to settle at $ 50.73 a barrel.

US crude futures closed lower at $ 1.23, or 2.52 percent, at $ 47.59 a barrel.

"It's a strong dollar and concern about Chinese demand and weak volumes," said Phil Flynn, an analyst at PricewaterhouseCoopers in Chicago.

The dollar rose broadly as traders cleared the bets on the US currency, which followed mounting tensions with North Korea and discouraging inflation data.

Analysts said investors had returned to the dollar, encouraged by a war of statements between US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.

Oil prices were also affected by news that crude oil consumption fell at China's refineries in July.

Analysts said the decline exceeded expectations, exacerbating fears that China's demand for oil would be eroded by the glut of supply of refined fuel products.

http://economy-news.net/content.php?id=8654

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 2:38 am