Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

NATO is considering a long-term mission in Iraq

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

NATO is considering a long-term mission in Iraq Empty NATO is considering a long-term mission in Iraq

Post by Rocky Thu 08 Feb 2018, 1:44 am

[ltr]NATO is considering a long-term mission in Iraq[/ltr]
    [ltr]Political[/ltr]
     Since 2018-02-07 at 18:55 (Baghdad time)
    [ltr][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/ltr]
    [ltr]Mawazine News - Follow up[/ltr]
    [ltr]WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States has renewed pressure on its European allies in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) to set up a long-term training mission in Iraq, diplomats said on Wednesday.[/ltr]
    [ltr]"US Secretary of Defense James Matisse sent a letter to the NATO presidency in January demanding an official NATO mission in Iraq with permanent or semi-permanent leadership to train Iraqi forces," five diplomats said in a statement read by Mawazine News. .[/ltr]
    [ltr]NATO defense ministers are expected to discuss the US request in Brussels next week and may decide on it at a summit in July.[/ltr]
    [ltr]In his letter, Matisse proposed the development of military academies and military doctrine for the Iraqi Ministry of Defense, as well as the training of Iraqi forces on the removal of explosives and the maintenance of military vehicles dating back to the Soviet era.[/ltr]
    [ltr]The Pentagon spokesman declined to confirm Matisse's message, but said his country was looking for a way for the Allies to make greater efforts to counter terrorist organizations.[/ltr]
    [ltr]Diplomats said NATO leaders would offer their countries a range of options on a mission in Iraq, while NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg discussed the issue with Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abbadi, who expressed support for such a mission.[/ltr]

[ltr]The Prime Minister Haider Abadi, on Tuesday, that there is a national will and the previous government there is a request from the International Coalition to stand against Daash, revealing the existence of a project and a plan to reduce these forces.[/ltr]

[ltr][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [/ltr]

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 3:03 am