Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Pope Francis reveals the date of his historic visit to Iraq

chouchou
    chouchou

Pope Francis reveals the date of his historic visit to Iraq Empty Pope Francis reveals the date of his historic visit to Iraq

Post by chouchou Wed 03 Feb 2021, 3:47 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Shafaq News / On Monday, Pope Francis said that he intends to visit Iraq next month, even if this means that many Iraqi Christians will not be able to see him in person due to the restrictions of Covid-19.

“I care for people who are suffering,” he told the Catholic New Service agency of the American Bishops’ Conference. He added that it is important “for them to see that the Pope is visiting their country,” even if most of them will only see him on television for reasons of social distancing.

The 84-year-old Pope intends to go ahead and make the scheduled visit between the fifth and eighth of March, unless there is a serious wave of cases of coronavirus infection there.

The Patriarch of the Iraqi Chaldean Catholic Church said, last week, that the Pope will meet during the visit with the supreme authority of the Iraqi Shiites, Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani.

The visit, which eluded the ancestors of Pope Francis, will take place amid deteriorating security in some areas of Iraq, and after the first major suicide bombing in Baghdad three years ago.

Iraq has been home to centuries-old Christian communities. Hundreds of thousands of Christians fled during the sectarian violence that followed Saddam’s fall, or were driven from their homes after ISIS seized large parts of the north of the country in 2014.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 7:01 am