Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

President Barzani: There are still great risks threatening the Kurdistan Region

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

President Barzani: There are still great risks threatening the Kurdistan Region Empty President Barzani: There are still great risks threatening the Kurdistan Region

Post by Rocky Thu 29 Apr 2021, 7:26 am

[size=52]President Barzani: There are still great risks threatening the Kurdistan Region[/size]

[size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/size]
    [size=45]The Kurdish leader, Masoud Barzani, confirmed that the safe zone provided a golden opportunity for the people of Kurdistan, indicating at the same time that there are still great dangers threatening the Kurdistan Region.[/size]
    [size=45]This came today, Wednesday, during the participation of President Barzani, in an event held via closed circuit television, on the occasion of the 30th anniversary of the issuance of UN Security Council Resolution No. 688, according to which an air ban was imposed to protect the Kurds from the aircraft of the former regime.[/size]
    [size=45]In addition to President Barzani's participation, former US Secretary of State James Baker, former Iraqi Foreign Minister and leader in the Kurdistan Democratic Party Hoshyar Zebari, retired US General John Abizaid, Middle East and North Africa official at the US National Security Council Brett McGurk and a representative of a regional government participated in the event. Kurdistan in Washington, statement by Sami Abdul Rahman, who organized the event, Dana Stroll, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense, and former US civilian governor of Iraq, General J Karner.[/size]
    [size=45]In his participation, President Barzani said that the safe zone was a golden opportunity for the people of Kurdistan.[/size]
    [size=45]He added that concern is still great for the people of Kurdistan, indicating at the same time that the people of Kurdistan have not yet achieved all of their goals.[/size]
    [size=45]In early April 1991, France submitted a draft resolution to the UN Security Council requesting a condemnation of the Iraqi oppression against the Kurds after their uprising against Saddam Hussein's regime. Resolution 688 was issued by the Security Council on the fifth of the same month calling on Iraq to stop pursuing the Kurds and respect human rights.[/size]
    [size=45]Following the issuance of the decision, France, Britain and America established a safe zone in Kurdistan from 17 to 23 April 1991, 15 kilometers wide on the border with Turkey, and in the Tigris River valley for 40 kilometers and 60 kilometers on the border with an area of ​​2,400 km2.[/size]
    [size=45]The United Nations Security Council imposed an Iraqi air embargo at 36 latitude north, and the planes implementing the ban were stationed at the Turkish Incirlik base, and this area was temporary and ended as soon as the refugees who had fled to Turkey and Iran returned, and the United Nations assumed responsibility for their camps.[/size]
    [size=45]The following is the full text of President Barzani's speech :[/size]
    [size=45]Greetings and appreciation to the audience and the distinguished viewers, I am very pleased to participate in the commemoration of the 30th anniversary of the establishment of the safe haven, which is a reminder of a very important and great event in history.[/size]
    [size=45]The Kurdish people had been exposed at the time to a major catastrophe, which was the million million immigration, as all the people of Kurdistan headed towards the Iranian and Turkish borders, after the Iraqi regime, after its defeat in Kuwait, took advantage of a loophole in the Safwan Agreement, so it directed its army to suppress the uprising of the Sons of the South and directed three divisions of the Republican Guard to Kurdistan.[/size]
    [size=45]The people of Kurdistan at that time were afraid of being exposed again to the Anfal and chemical bombardment, so they all fled and headed towards the Iranian and Turkish borders, and the Peshmerga did not have large forces or weapons to qualify them for confrontation, but despite this they defended a heroic defense and were able to stop the advance of the Iraqi army in many locations.[/size]
    [size=45]The people of Kurdistan have been subjected to many injustices throughout history, but they have faced major disasters such as the Anfal, genocide and chemical bombardment in the last years of the Ba'ath regime’s rule.[/size]
    [size=45]Then came Resolution 688, the decision to provide a safe haven, which provided a golden opportunity for the people of Kurdistan. Fears disappeared to a large extent and the people returned to their homes.[/size]
    [size=45]I would like to remind the former US Secretary of State, Mr. James Baker, that when we visited Washington as part of the opposition delegation in the summer of 1992, and he received us at the State Department, he spoke about his feelings during his visit to the displaced on the Turkish border, where he said: I will not forget the scenes that I saw as long as I lived. It was so heartbreaking that I couldn't wait to get back to my place. Rather, I called President Bush while I was on the plane and asked him to act as soon as possible to bring these people home and provide them with protection.[/size]
    [size=45]Here, I think it is necessary to express my gratitude to President Bush, President Mitterand, Madame Mitterand, President Ozal and Prime Minister John Major for their bold position and decision, which was followed by the people of Kurdistan taking over their own affairs, establishing their legitimate institutions, holding elections, and establishing Parliament and the Kurdistan Regional Government, so that Kurdistan has become a refuge for all persecuted And Iraqi militants.[/size]
    [size=45]I also find it necessary to thank General Garner and the officers who were with him at the time, including General Jim Jones, General John Abizaid, Colonel Knapp and all the other officers from other countries within the coalition that created the safe haven.[/size]
    [size=45]The people of Kurdistan have not yet achieved all their aspirations, nor have they reached the final stage. There are still very great dangers threatening the Kurdistan Region, and for this I call for the continuation of this support and that support. I also invite you to put the protection of the people of Kurdistan among your priorities.[/size]
    [size=45]Thank you very much once again, and I thank the Kurdistan Regional Government representative for providing this opportunity. Thank.[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 3:42 am