Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Back-to-backs baffle Leafs; Korostelev selected for Team Russia

jedi17
    jedi17

Back-to-backs baffle Leafs; Korostelev selected for Team Russia Empty Back-to-backs baffle Leafs; Korostelev selected for Team Russia

Post by jedi17 Fri 02 Dec 2016, 8:22 am

Back-to-backs baffle Leafs; Korostelev selected for Team Russia
    December 1, 2016, 9:22 PM ET [58 Comments]

After their most impressive road performance of the season in Edmonton on Tuesday, the Toronto Maple Leafs returned to their struggling ways in a 3-0 loss to the Calgary Flames on Wednesday.

Freddie Hamilton and former Leaf Kris Versteeg scored on the first two shots fired at Toronto goaltender Jhonas Enroth, putting the club in a 2-0 hole less than a minute into the first period. Another former Leaf, Matt Stajan made it 3-0 late in the first and that was enough of a cushion for Flames goalie Chad Johnson, who made 39 saves for the shutout. 

“We came in here and obviously weren't ready. As a team, as a coaching staff, as a goaltender we weren't ready and end up giving up your full day of preparation in the first five minutes.” Head coach Mike Babcock said following the loss. “There's no excuse for that. It also shows you we're not an upper echelon team when you can't do it night-in and night-out.” 

The loss was the 10th for Toronto on the road (2-6-4) and the fifth loss for the club in the second half of back-to-back games (0-4-1), which is a problem for the team with the most back-to-backs (18) in the NHL this season. 

Enroth has started the second-half of the back to backs in four of the five games and although he has not played well, the 28-year-old Swede cannot be completely be faulted for the defeats. 

Toronto will complete their Western Canada road swing in Vancouver on Saturday against the Canucks. 

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 9:40 pm