Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iraqi mosque hit by bombs hidden in air conditioning units

chouchou
    chouchou

Iraqi mosque hit by bombs hidden in air conditioning units Empty Iraqi mosque hit by bombs hidden in air conditioning units

Post by chouchou Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:26 pm

Fatal blast at Sunni mosque north of Baghdad raises fears of increasing sectarian violence.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Two bombs hidden inside air-conditioning units exploded in a Sunni mosque packed with worshippers north of Baghdad, killing at least 18 people in the latest violence to hit the country.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is weathering its worst bout of attacks in half a decade. The violence has risen significantly since April, intensifying fears of a sectarian civil war and a return to the violence that marked the years following the 2003 US-led invasion.

The past several months have been the deadliest since 2008. More than 4,000 people have been killed since the start of April, according to UN figures.

Friday's attack took place in the city of Samarra, where the deputy head of the municipal council said bombs had been placed inside two of the mosque's air-conditioning units. The explosions went off around midday, during Friday prayers. The official, Mizhar Fleih, said the explosion had also wounded at least 21 people.

Fleih said the Musaab Bin Omair mosque had been heavily damaged in the attack.

"We are worried that the attacks on Sunni and Shia mosques aim at reigniting the sectarian strife in this country," he added.
    Samarra, 60 miles north of the Iraqi capital, is largely Sunni Muslim and is home to a revered Shia shrine.

There has been a spike in attacks on Sunni mosques in recent months. While it is possible that Sunni extremists could be to blame, Shia militias that had been largely quiet for years may also be behind the assaults.

Last week, a similar attack on a Sunni mosque in Baquba, north-east of Baghdad, killed 33 worshippers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    chouchou
    chouchou

Iraqi mosque hit by bombs hidden in air conditioning units Empty Iraq: Bomb kills 16 in Sunni mosque

Post by chouchou Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:27 pm

Two bombs exploded in a Sunni mosque in Iraq as worshippers entered for prayers on Friday, killing 16 people, police and a doctor said.

The bombs, which hit the Musab bin Omair mosque near Samarra, north of Baghdad, also wounded 15 people, the sources said.
    Militants have carried out numerous attacks on both Sunni and Shiite mosques this year, raising fears of a return to all-out sectarian conflict, which peaked in 2006-2007 and killed thousands of people.

The February 2006 bombing of a Shiite shrine in Samarra itself sparked the wave of brutal violence.

The blasts came a day after the bodies of 10 young men who had been shot dead were found in Baghdad, another reminder of the sectarian conflict in Iraq, during which militants frequently carried out summary executions.

Violence in Iraq has reached a level not seen since 2008, killing more than 4,200 people since the beginning of the year, according to an estimate based on security and medical sources.

chouchou
    chouchou

Iraqi mosque hit by bombs hidden in air conditioning units Empty Sunni mosque bombing in Iraq kills at least 15

Post by chouchou Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:28 pm

Two bombs were detonated in a Sunni mosque on Friday, killing at least 15 people in the Iraqi city of Samarra, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

The deputy head of the municipal council, Mizhar Fleih, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the bombs went off during noon prayers.

"During the Friday prayer suddenly a huge explosion took place," 35-year-old Saleh al-Shamani [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

"Black smoke filled the mosque, we could not see each other. I tried to stand, but I couldn't as I had some injuries in my legs."

Many were reported injured by the bombs, which [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] had been hidden in the mosque's air conditioning.

Samarra, a city just north of Baghdad, is also home to a prominent Shia shrine, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Friday's attacks come amid mounting violence in Iraq, with with more than 4,000 reported killed since April, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Sponsored content

Iraqi mosque hit by bombs hidden in air conditioning units Empty Re: Iraqi mosque hit by bombs hidden in air conditioning units

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:30 am