Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

+13
Diamond
Screwball
mochasmom
annieharbers
ron-man
noced71
Early1
zimi31
sassy
Proven
Lobo
weslin3
Rocky
17 posters

Saleh: Great question marks on mechanisms to convert foreign currency to Iraq

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Saleh -  Saleh: Great question marks on mechanisms to convert foreign currency to Iraq - Page 2 Empty Saleh: Great question marks on mechanisms to convert foreign currency to Iraq

Post by Rocky Sun 10 Dec 2017, 7:03 am

First topic message reminder :

[size=30]Saleh: Great question marks on mechanisms to convert foreign currency to Iraq[/size]
    10/12/2017 02:13 | Number of readings: 102
    font size: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Trend Press / Baghdad

The appearance of Mohammed Saleh, the economic adviser to the Prime Minister there are significant question marks on the mechanisms to convert foreign currency to Iraq.

"There is a question mark on the currency sign caused by confusion between the implementation of monetary policy of the central bank to control the liquidity levels and at the same time trade finance, which led to the creation of this ambiguity," Saleh said in a press statement.

"If the Iraqi government finances its trade through documentary credits, why not finance the private sector in the same way," he said, pointing out that "the argument of not funding is that there are no possibilities to download documentary credits as a more transparent tool in trade finance. There are not a number of international correspondents cooperating with Iraq to create or Open these credits, because of the long isolation of the sector of the Iraqi bank. "

He added that "the Central Bank has a project to rebuild the institution to finance the foreign trade of the private sector by opening the establishment of the so-called Cdbank, which is a collective bank, which contributes to all Iraqi banks, civil and government banks to finance foreign trade."

He pointed out that "the acquisition of a currency under the pretext of financing trade causes monopoly," pointing out that "an alternative to this by rebuilding new criteria for financing the private sector through the establishment of a large bank to finance this sector."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Proven
    Proven
    NNP TEAM
    NNP TEAM

Saleh -  Saleh: Great question marks on mechanisms to convert foreign currency to Iraq - Page 2 Empty Re: Saleh: Great question marks on mechanisms to convert foreign currency to Iraq

Post by Proven Tue 12 Dec 2017, 8:35 am

Early1 wrote:
    Proven wrote:
    weslin3 wrote:306 no Anyone... I don't get this. Over my head.

I added highlights.

The CBI is implementing a project to finance foreign trade through lines of credit instead of cash.

This is being done through "correspondent banks." 

They are currently implementing this with banks in Saudi Arabia.

It will start 1-1-2018.

It will be used to control liquidity.  The end of auctions is in sight.  

END OF AUCTIONS   -  MUSIC TO MY EARS !!!!!!

One of the main reason for auctions in Iraq is to provide dollars for imports.  If financing imports goes to letters of credit and electronic remittances, dollar demand will be for internal demand and outside travel.  There will be demand to settle accounts with other central banks but that is the realm of international bankers. Add value to the currency and walk it up, and internal demand will be minimal.  

One of the functions of any central bank is providing foreign currency.  This function will never go away.   I bought dinar from a bank and it had a wrapper from the central bank of Ireland.  

I should have qualified my comment.  Sorry.        
    noced71
    noced71
    Cain't Let Go Investor
    Cain't Let Go Investor

Saleh -  Saleh: Great question marks on mechanisms to convert foreign currency to Iraq - Page 2 Empty Re: Saleh: Great question marks on mechanisms to convert foreign currency to Iraq

Post by noced71 Tue 12 Dec 2017, 8:45 am

Proven wrote:
    Early1 wrote:
    Proven wrote:
    weslin3 wrote:306 no Anyone... I don't get this. Over my head.

I added highlights.

The CBI is implementing a project to finance foreign trade through lines of credit instead of cash.

This is being done through "correspondent banks." 

They are currently implementing this with banks in Saudi Arabia.

It will start 1-1-2018.

It will be used to control liquidity.  The end of auctions is in sight.  

END OF AUCTIONS   -  MUSIC TO MY EARS !!!!!!

One of the main reason for auctions in Iraq is to provide dollars for imports.  If financing imports goes to letters of credit and electronic remittances, dollar demand will be for internal demand and outside travel.  There will be demand to settle accounts with other central banks but that is the realm of international bankers.  Add value to the currency and walk it up, and internal demand will be minimal.  

One of the functions of any central bank is providing foreign currency.  This function will never go away.   I bought dinar from a bank and it had a wrapper from the central bank of Ireland.  

I should have qualified my comment.  Sorry.        
    P'shaw....No need to be sorry. Thanks for all the break down you do!!!
    ron-man
    ron-man
    All In Investor
    All In Investor

Post by ron-man Tue 12 Dec 2017, 9:13 am

Thanks for the posts, and explaining it to us.
    annieharbers
    annieharbers
    Cain't Let Go Investor
    Cain't Let Go Investor

Post by annieharbers Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:53 am

More good news Thanks Rocky & Proven.
    zimi31
    zimi31
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by zimi31 Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:12 am

Great Thread...thanks to all!!!
    mochasmom
    mochasmom
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by mochasmom Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:25 am

Interesting thanks again!
    weslin3
    weslin3
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by weslin3 Tue 12 Dec 2017, 1:31 pm

yes That's something to look for "end of auctions". Thanks for explaining. Highlighting works sometimes, then other times I need to have the highlighted explained. Dance
    zimi31
    zimi31
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by zimi31 Tue 12 Dec 2017, 1:35 pm

weslin3 wrote:yes That's something to look for "end of auctions". Thanks for explaining. Highlighting works sometimes, then other times I need to have the highlighted explained. Dance

That's funny weslin...lol!
    Screwball
    Screwball
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by Screwball Tue 12 Dec 2017, 3:06 pm

What peeps don’t realise, is auctions started , and zeros added to rate . And new notes with three zeros all released and took a place in October 2003. So auctions end so does everything else.
    zimi31
    zimi31
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by zimi31 Tue 12 Dec 2017, 3:22 pm

Sounds good SB. It's been so long, I have forgotten most of what I thought I knew.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 12:12 am