Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

A legal commentary on the possibility of amending the constitution

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

A legal commentary on the possibility of amending the constitution Empty A legal commentary on the possibility of amending the constitution

Post by Rocky Wed 04 May 2022, 6:00 am

A legal commentary on the possibility of amending the constitution
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 04/05/2022

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 27

Baghdad/
    The legal expert, Ali Al-Tamimi, commented today, Wednesday, on the possibility of amending the Iraqi constitution, stressing that there is a possibility for that, but with long and broad conditions.
    Al-Tamimi said in a clarification, “The Iraqi constitution is one of the static and not flexible constitutions, that is, it cannot be amended except by long and broad procedures, and its amendment was stipulated in Articles 142 and 126 of the Iraqi Constitution, where Article 142 must be applied first, as the Federal Court decision 54/2017 says. Parliament may form an amendment committee and approve its amendments by an absolute majority of its members, i.e. members of Parliament half of the total number plus one after achieving a quorum, and submit it to a referendum, and half of the voters agree plus one, and that no objection is made to the amendment by two-thirds of the voters in three provinces.
    He added, "The articles that need to be amended are first the form of the political system, as we need to shift to the best presidential system for Iraq, and resolve Article 140 related to the disputed areas, Article 73, the powers of the president, and the form of parliament, and also that the political system can be mixed as in France, that is, The president is elected by the people, the prime minister is elected by parliament, and the powers of the president are greater.”
    Al-Tamimi added, "After the previous parliament was dissolved in accordance with Article 64 of the Iraqi constitution and early legislative elections were held, then the constitution is presented to a vote on the current parliament  and its amendments, and the people are always the source of authority."
    And he indicated that "what the Presidency of the Republic has done of sending proposed amendments that Parliament can take out of the way of seeking opinion because the decision is finally in the hands of Parliament according to Article 142 of the Constitution," stressing that "and the current parliament can legislate this constitutionally."
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Mon 13 May 2024, 12:47 am