Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

A Kurdish official to "Nova": Sweden and Finland's agreement with Erdogan is a "blow" to the Kurds i

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

A Kurdish official to "Nova": Sweden and Finland's agreement with Erdogan is a "blow" to the Kurds i Empty A Kurdish official to "Nova": Sweden and Finland's agreement with Erdogan is a "blow" to the Kurds i

Post by Rocky Fri 01 Jul 2022, 4:58 am

POSTED ON[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] BY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=52]A Kurdish official to "Nova": Sweden and Finland's agreement with Erdogan is a "blow" to the Kurds in Europe and Scandinavia[/size]

[size=45]Rome/ Nova Agency[/size]
    [size=45]Director of the Kurdish Information Office in Italy, Yilmaz Orkan, considered that Sweden and Finland's acceptance of Turkey's requests to extradite representatives of the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) residing in Scandinavia "threatens Kurdish communities," the Italian Nova news agency reported.[/size]
    [size=45] Orkan, a prominent member of the Kurdish community in Italy, said in an interview with Nova Agency, that “the agreement concluded by Stockholm and Helsinki with Ankara to join the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) without the obstacles imposed by Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, is a painful blow to the Kurdish community in the Scandinavian countries.” and in Europe, endangering their security and harming their legitimacy,” he said, adding: “While the extradition of Kurdish individuals to Turkey could constitute a punishment for human rights violations in Turkish prisons, other articles that are part of the agreement harm the fundamental freedoms of the press and political activism guaranteed by the constitutions of Sweden and Finland. “.[/size]
    [size=45] Indeed, as Orkan notes, “One of the articles of the agreement stipulates that the Kurdish community is prohibited from propaganda for the PKK, without giving any explanations: it may represent a severe blow, if not a ban, on the freedom of the press exercised by Kurdish journalists and intellectuals in newspapers close to community, or the right to demonstrate and protest against Ankara’s repression and its military operations in Turkish Kurdistan, in Iraq and in Rojava (in Syria).[/size]
    [size=45] According to the representative of the Kurds in the diaspora in Italy, what worries the Kurdish community in Europe is the implicit meaning of the agreement reached in Madrid, Orkan said, “It is not part of the terms of the agreement but the selection of Sweden and Finland, with the approval of NATO, appears to be a green light from NATO itself Turkey’s aggressive foreign policy in the Middle East,” noting that “with the lifting of the embargo on Swedish and Finnish arms sold in Turkey, we can see the same war equipment used against the Kurds in Syria and Iraq: a senseless betrayal because Ankara supports and mobilizes its Syrian jihadist militias affiliated with the terrorist organization.” Islamic country. The same jihadists who killed 12,000 people for the People’s Protection Units and women, when they liberated Raqqa years ago and occupied Syrian and Iraqi lands with black flags.[/size]
    [size=45] Regarding the request to extradite 33 Kurds whose names Turkey has sent to Sweden and Finland, Orkan said that the list presents several crucial issues: “It is not only the Kurds who are on the list who cannot be extradited to Turkey as non-Turkish citizens – such as the case of Amina Kabwa, a Kurdish lawmaker. An Iranian in the Swedish Parliament - but there are also people who are already dead, like Sirajuddin Bilgin, a Kurdish writer and thinker, whom I knew who died years ago. Then we need to know how many Kurds and which ones Helsinki and Stockholm would like to hand over.”[/size]
    [size=45] Orkan said, “This is happening because Turkey uses accusations of terrorism and PKK support for any opponent of Erdogan: academics and journalists outside the party’s activities but opponents of the repressive policies inside and outside Erdogan’s Turkey. While the accusation in Turkey of sympathizing with the PKK has led to the arrest of several politicians from the People’s Democratic Party, the main formation of the left and the opposition, which is under constant attack by the state.[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 6:40 am