Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Kurdistan Union: International pressures behind setting the date for the regional parliament electio

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Kurdistan Union: International pressures behind setting the date for the regional parliament electio Empty Kurdistan Union: International pressures behind setting the date for the regional parliament electio

Post by Rocky Thu 30 Mar 2023, 5:03 am

Kurdistan Union: International pressures behind setting the date for the regional parliament elections

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |Today, 12:41 
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

+A
    -A

Baghdad today - Baghdad 
    The leader of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, Diyar Aqrawi, confirmed today, Thursday, that the decision to set the date for the Kurdistan Parliament elections came after international pressure.
    Aqrawi told (Baghdad Today) that "reports issued by international newspapers and the US State Department about violations in the region led to the issuance of a decision to set the date for the elections." 
    He added, "Last year, a decision was made regarding setting the date for the elections, but it was postponed due to disagreement over the wording of the law."
    He pointed out that "the meetings that took place with the Kurdistan Democratic Party were reached in which understandings and agreement were reached regarding the activation of the commission, electoral districts and voter register." 
    Aqrawi explained that "the thorny issue that is still the main point of contention is the issue of the quota, which has not been addressed so far," noting that "if the problems related to the voter registers are not resolved, the elections are not expected to take place on their new date."
    Earlier, the Kurdistan Regional Presidency set (November 18) a date for holding the region's parliament elections, which were stalled due to differences between the Kurdish parties regarding its mechanism, and called on the United Nations to support the region in conducting them.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024, 11:08 am