Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Game 40: NYR-BUF

jedi17
    jedi17

Game 40: NYR-BUF Empty Game 40: NYR-BUF

Post by jedi17 Tue 03 Jan 2017, 6:18 pm

Game 40: NYR-BUF, Puempel out with concussion, Jensen in, hello Mr. Eichel
    January 3, 2017, 6:12 PM ET [13 Comments]
    Jan Levine
    Game 40: NYR-BUF Nyr New York Rangers Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    The Rangers return to action tonight against Buffalo. However, all the recent positive news on injuries took a slight detour, as another Blueshirt will be sidelined. Matt Puempel will be out indefinitely with concussion symptoms suffered on a hit/high stick, depending on your view, from Cody McLeod 3:59 into the second period on Saturday.

With Puempel out, now we know why Nicklas Jensen was called up late yesterday, as he will take Puempel's spot in the lineup. In addition, J.T. Miller will reclaim the spot on the power play Puempel took, replacing him in front of the net on the second unit. Justin Tasch of the NY Daily News added that Puempel left the game to go through concussion protocol and passed, returning in the middle of the second period. The SNY Rangers blog noted that Puempel did not play another shift in the second period after taking that hit but did play 4:04 in the third period. Alain Vigneault said Puempel was fine until about the last 10 minutes of Monday's practice and is now in concussion protocol.

As I noted in the blog comments, what's more concerning is that Puempel missed five games from December 8 to December 17 after getting hit with a high stick from Brock Nelson on December 6. So the cumulative impact of another concussion could sideline him a while. Hopefully, that's not the case. But the Puempel/Pirri/ Lindberg dilemma when everyone is healthy may become Pirri/Lindberg/Jensen.

Henrik Lundqvist is between the pipes today. As I wrote in the past two blogs, with the back-to-back game versus Philly on Wednesday, it wouldn't shock me if Antti Raanta plays tomorrow or against the Flyers. But, if Lundqvist has another strong game Tuesday off the back of Saturday's solid outing, he could play against Wednesday:

The lines tonight could be as below. But I would move Miller up to the second line. Slide Grabner down and Pirri up to the third line with Fast on the fourth line. AV could also slot Jensen on the third line with Grabner and Lindberg.

Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
    Vesey-Hayes-Grabner
    Miller-Lindberg-Fast
    Jensen-Hrivik-Pirri

McDonagh-Klein
    Staal-Holden
    Skjei-Girardi

Lundqvist

Larry Brooks had an interesting column today (https://t.co/G1Yr88zmmp). His basic assertion is that when the team is healthy, the best defense would be a good offense. By having the 12 best forwards available, New York might improve their poor possession metrics but more important, place the opponent on the heels, thereby reducing the pressure on the D. This turns the hole on the top-pairing right side of the defense into less of a weakness because it will become less of a problem due to an improved offense. Interesting idea but one that won't likely be the case come playoff time when the level of competition improves.

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 10:46 pm