Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

The Rangers

jedi17
    jedi17

The Rangers  Empty The Rangers

Post by jedi17 Fri 06 Jan 2017, 7:53 pm

Buchnevich assigned to HFD, Nash out tomorrow, Zib skates again
    January 6, 2017, 2:41 PM ET [32 Comments]
    Jan Levine
    The Rangers  Nyr New York Rangers Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    The Rangers practiced today prior to their contest against the Blue Jackets on Saturday. It was a mixed bag of injury news, mostly good, but with an interesting tweak to how one is being handled. The end result is no changes to the lineup tomorrow, which is what most of expected.

The one not surprising aspect is that Rick Nash all not suit up against Columbus. He was termed as close but not yet 100%. Nash now gets the 'bye week' from January 7-12 to fully heal up, which is what we all hoped. No compelling reason existed to have him play the one game and then sit out. Now, he gets a full straight stretch from December 19-January 12 with the expectation that he will play January 13 against Toronto. 

The "surprising" aspect concerns Pavel Buchnevich. The good news is that Buch didn't the non-contact jersey and was able to practice. In addition, he will play for Hartford while the Rangers are off. What is surprising is that Buch, who has been out since November 12, was assigned to Hartford, meaning he is off the roster and doesn't count against the cap. However since he is waiver exempt, that may have driven the move as well.

I am hoping the only reasons he was assigned was to preserve cap space and also to avoid having to expose Marek Hrivik or maybe down the road Nicklas Jensen to waivers in order to send him down, if that's the route the team decides to go. Of course, on the cap space, based on the length of Buchnevich's absence, they could have just put him on LTIR.

Even though Hrivik and Jensen went through waivers already to do down earlier in the year, if they play in 10 games or I believe up in the NHL for 30 days, they need to be exposed again to waivers to go back down. Hrivik has hit the 10 game mark and been up for the 30 days, so he would have to be exposed to waivers to go down. Based on how he has played and my belief that he has earned a spot on the roster, he needs to remain at this level.

Jensen has yet to hit that level, as he has played in six games, but in brackets of four and two. In addition, he was up for a week in December, then down for three weeks and has been up again since January 2. He is in danger of going down once Nash or Buch is back. With Matt Puempel out with a concussion and Mika Zibanejad, see below, still sidelined. Cap room and roster space exists, so nothing may need to be done immediately. But with the team getting healthier, roster decisions loom. Jensen is likely the first to go down and a determination on Hrivik may depend on how long Puempel is out and if New York wants to hold onto Brandon Pirri, which is likely. Because Puempel received his second concussion in a three week span, look for Rangers to be cautious with his return and he could end up on LTIR.

Buchnevich, who had four goals and four assists in ten games before getting injured, will suit up tonight for the Wolf Pack. AV and Jeff Gorton will monitor his performance game-by-game during the next five days and then make a call on how to proceed. It wouldn't shock me if Buch was down for slightly longer than the five days. But he has a skill set the team could use and should be up shortly thereafter. I am not a slave to the adage of a player doesn't lose his spot to injury but also believe a player should get the benefit of the doubt if an injury sidelined him. Buchnevich clearly can use the game action and is it's three or the six games Hartford has in the next nine days, give it to him and then call him back up.

Zibanejad skated this morning and reportedly felt good after. It's possible he could practice after the break and then return to action shortly thereafter. Since Zibanejad has been out since late November due to a broken fibula, a short conditioning stint - a game or two - might be the wisest course or action. A late-January return seems likely.

Marc Staal is definitely out tomorrow with the upper body sustained on Tuesday against Buffalo. What that injury is plus the extent of it is unknown. Adam Clendening will dress again in Staal's stead against the Blue Jackets. Hopefully the five days off allows Staal to be ready to go after the break.

The lineup tomorrow:

Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
    Vesey-Hayes-Grabner
    Miller-Lindberg-Fast
    Jensen-Hrivik-Pirri

McDonagh-Skjei
    Holden-Girardi  
    Clendening-Klein

Lundqvist

Current date/time is Mon 13 May 2024, 1:28 am