Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Colorado Avalanche

jedi17
    jedi17

Colorado Avalanche Empty Colorado Avalanche

Post by jedi17 Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:38 pm

Looking for rare 2nd win in row
    February 7, 2017, 4:31 PM ET [9 Comments]
    Rick Sadowski
     Colorado Avalanche Col Colorado Avalanche Blogger • Avalanche Insider • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    The Avalanche will attempt to win their second game in a row Tuesday -- it would be their first two-game winning streak since Nov. 19-21 -- when they take on Montreal at the Pepsi Center.

Here are the GAME NOTES. 

The Avalanche didn't have a morning skate or player availability, but coach Jared Bednar said after practice Monday that Tyson Barrie and Rene Bourque wouldn't play against the Canadiens because of lower-body injuries.

Fedor Tyutin did practice -- he's been battling hip and groin injuries -- and might play.

The Avalanche can't play worse in the rematch than they did in Montreal on Dec. 10 when they were shellacked 10-1.

"We kind of buried that game," Bednar said. "There was so much that went wrong with it. No. 1, we got outworked and No. 2., it was a poor day for us as far as our execution. They made us look silly that night. My belief is, with some of those games, you have to sweep them under the rug and move on."

Semyon Varlamov made 51 saves the next night in Toronto, where the Avalanche won 3-1.

"How we responded to me is the most important thing, not that we played a perfect game in Toronto by any means," Bednar said. "They had us on the run a little bit too. Mentally being fragile at that point, to be able to go in and get a great game from Varly and get a win there the next night was probably the thing we were looking at the most. From then on we haven't looked back at it."

Defenseman Mark Barberio will play his second game for the Avalanche since he was claimed on waivers from the Canadiens.

"He's awesome," said Max Pacioretty, who leads the Canadiens in scoring with 44 points (25 goals, 19 assists). "I love Barbs, everyone loved Barbs. It's bittersweet, you want to see him play in the NHL and have success. He was so close to so many guys on this team that we wanted him to be here. Happy that he's getting an opportunity and he's playing in the NHL, but we miss him a lot. He's a great guy."

The Avalanche lineup:

FORWARDS
    Mikhail Grigorenko-- Nathan MacKinnon -- Mikko Rantanen 
    Gabriel Landeskog -- Matt Duchene -- Matt Nieto
    Blake Comeau -- John Mitchell -- Jarome Iginla
    Andreas Martinsen -- Carl Soderberg -- Joe Colborne

DEFENSEMEN
    Francois Beauchemin -- Nikita Zadorov
    Fedor Tyutin or Eric Gelinas -- Patrick Wiercioch 
    Mark Barberio -- Cody Goloubef

GOALIES
    Calvin Pickard