Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

HRW: Looting, Destruction by Forces Fighting ISIS

jedi17
    jedi17

HRW: Looting, Destruction by Forces Fighting ISIS Empty HRW: Looting, Destruction by Forces Fighting ISIS

Post by jedi17 Thu 16 Feb 2017, 7:11 pm

HRW: Looting, Destruction by Forces Fighting ISIS

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    February 17, 2017 in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

From Human Rights Watch:
    Armed forces fighting Islamic State (also known as ISIS) to retake a town and four villages near [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] looted, damaged, and destroyed homes, Human Rights Watch (HRW) said today. There was no apparent military necessity for the demolitions, which may amount to war crimes and which took place between November 2016 and February 2017.
    The Iraqi authorities should investigate allegations of war crimes and hold those responsible to account, Human Rights Watch said. The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and other countries providing military assistance to the Iraqi Security Forces should press the government to carry out these investigations.
    The United Nations Human Rights Council should expand the investigation it established in 2014 on ISIS abuses to include serious violations by all parties, including the Popular Mobilization Forces (known as the PMF or Hashd al-Sha’abi), units that were formed largely to combat ISIS, and are under the direct command of Prime Minister al-Abadi.
    “Absent a legitimate military objective, there is no excuse for destroying civilian homes,” said [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], deputy Middle East director at Human Rights Watch. “All the destruction does is to keep civilians from going home.”

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 8:54 pm