Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Pittsburgh Penguins

jedi17
    jedi17

Pittsburgh Penguins Empty Pittsburgh Penguins

Post by jedi17 Mon 20 Feb 2017, 9:53 pm

UFA defensemen worth pursuing 
    February 20, 2017, 12:09 PM ET [129 Comments]
    Ryan Wilson
    Pittsburgh Penguins Pit Pittsburgh Penguins Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    The Pittsburgh Penguins were defeated by the Detroit Red Wings by a score of 5-2. The game play was reasonable close throughout and the main difference in the game was the play of Petr Mrazek. He outplayed Matt Murray and that was the difference in the game. Sometimes that is the way it goes. This was the Penguins first loss in regulation since the all star break. They were the last team to suffer a regulation loss in that time period. So while losing to the Red Wings is sub-optimal the sky isn't quite falling.

That doesn't mean the team couldn't use some help on the back end. Olli Maatta will be out for six weeks and as of right now the length of time Schultz will miss due a concussion is unknown.  

Yesterday I highlighted three players that I thought the Penguins should stay away from. Today I'm going to look at some UFA trade targets that are more appealing, but not perfect. I am going to continue to use HERO charts to give a quick visual history about that player and then provide some contextual information about that player.  

Here are some targets that could make sense for the Pittsburgh Penguins (or other teams)

Kevin Shattenkirk

Yep, he's the big fish. He's the best available player and he's going to have best player available pricing. The only way this happens is if Marc-Andre Fleury is one of the main pieces that St. Louis takes back. For a while the Penguins had some recency bias working in their favor. The Blues goaltending was outrageously bad and it was to the point where they were leaving Jake Allen behind on road trips. Since the coaching change it has improved and while evaluating players based on a what have you done lately approach isn't good a lot of GM's do it. St. Louis is 7-2 under Mike Yeo and things probably don't feel as desperate in those parts anymore. 

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 2:10 am