Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Bananas with Rum and Cinnamon

Lobo
    Lobo

Bananas with Rum and Cinnamon Empty Bananas with Rum and Cinnamon

Post by Lobo Mon 20 Feb 2017, 10:03 pm

Bananas with Rum and Cinnamon Img16l
    Bananas with Rum and Cinnamon
    ★★★★★ ★★★★★

Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 10 minutes
    Servings: 4
    This is a roasted variation of the New Orleans classic, bananas Foster. The dessert originated in the 1950s at the famous Commander's Palace Restaurant and is named in honor of the owner's friend, Dick Foster. It is just as popular today in its flambéed frying-pan version, but roasting the bananas is much easier than sautéing them, and the recipe can be doubled for a larger number of people, too. Be sure to use slightly underripe bananas with skins tinged with green.

Ingredients:

• 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
    • 2 Tbs. dark brown sugar
    • 2 Tbs. fresh orange juice
    • 1 Tbs. dark rum
    • 1 Tbs. Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
    • 1 Tbs. banana liqueur
    • 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
    • 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
    • 4 slightly underripe bananas, halved lengthwise,
         then halved crosswise
    • 4 scoops vanilla ice cream

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 475°F.

Select a shallow baking dish just large enough to hold the bananas in a single layer. Combine the butter and brown sugar in the dish and place in the preheating oven. Watch carefully to prevent burning. When the butter has melted, remove the dish from the oven and stir in the orange juice, rum, orange and banana liqueurs, lemon juice and cinnamon.

Place the bananas in the dish and stir gently to coat evenly with the liqueurs, juice and other seasonings. Spread the bananas out in a single layer.

Roast the bananas, basting 2 or 3 times with the pan juices, until softened and tinged with gold, 8 to 10 minutes.

Divide the ice cream among individual bowls. Top with the warm bananas and the juices from the dish, dividing evenly. Serve immediately. Serves 4.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma, Essentials of Roasting, by Rick Rodgers, Melanie Barnard & Bob & Colleen Simmons (Oxmoor House, 2004).

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 4:06 pm